Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#39045 by pete3000
Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:07 am
I have my modem direct into the ooma system, out to the router and when i'm on my laptop and the go on the phone i lose my internet.

I have not checked the computer that is direct from the router (non-wireless) as of yet but I mainly use the laptop. Up until about a week or two ago I have had no problems but all a sudden I have started having problems. I had an IT guy come over and he fixed me up yesterday to get my speed back up but now I am noticing this new problem.

I tried to go to the router first and then to the ooma system and that seems to fix the problem however that creates a new problem for some reason- that problem is that the internet cuts off completely (randomly) and I have to reboot the ooma, the router, the modem.... so that isn't the solution.

I'm back to, modem<<<<<ooma<<<<<<router but when I go on the phone or recieve a call the internet cuts out. One other thing to mention here is my phones are DECT (not 2.4ghz wireless). Any suggestions?
#39050 by murphy
Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:48 am
pete3000 wrote:How do I get to this page to do this? I can't find it :(

http://setup.ooma.com
from a computer connected to the Home port.
#39054 by pete3000
Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:43 pm
I probably should have wrote down the original settings before i made changes.....

I will leave it for now, it seems to have helped- obviously it is slower though when on the phone but that is to be expected I suppose since it is using some bandwidth....

Thanks for the help. (if I ever need to revert back is there an easy way to do that?)
#39087 by pete3000
Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:46 pm
Well, I guess it didn't help- it slows right down to nothing when i'm on the phone still.

I never had any problems at all with anything, it's something with the router settings, not sure if the provider is doing something different or what lately (I have Charter). My intenet is very fast direct from the modem and from the ooma hub itself. Once connected to the router I had an IT guy adjust some settings and things are better however the phone drops me down to nothing when i'm on it still (plus it isn't as consistant as it should be and i'm gettting freeze ups on video and audio online- when i'm not on the phone even, although the internet is surfable so it's better).

I don't know what changed and I'm not blaming Ooma for the problems but i'd still like to fix the problems, I can't surf while on the phone for sure (and the internet is not the way it should be even not on the phone).

Side note, I tried 3 different wireless routers- I have a TrendNet and a Netgear and went to Walmart and bought a Belkin: they all do the same thing. I will try and hope I can get the IT guy back over but if anyone has any ideas please let me know, even if it's just to fix the Ooma cutting my internet off when i'm on the phone- that would be a big step in fixing my problems, thanks!