Intermittent phone call

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
JaffLin@comcast.net

Intermittent phone call

Post by JaffLin@comcast.net » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 pm

I have been using OOMA system for my phone since 10/8/09. Everything works fine until today. I made phone calls to several friends this afternoon. The all complained that they could not hear me well. I powered on and off the OOMA system and made another phone call. It lasted for about 4 or 5 minutes and seemed to work OK but all of a sudden, it was disconnected. I know my internet connection is fine because I have been sending and receiving e-mails without any problem and am able to have smooth Internet access. What could be wrong? Please advise. Thanks!

Jaff Lin
Last edited by JaffLin@comcast.net on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southsound

Re: Intermittent phone call

Post by southsound » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm

Jaff,
I strongly recommend taking your personal telephone number and activation code off of your post using the edit function. The forum is searchable and read only access is public - so it is like putting your number on a batrhroom wall. I'm sure that some of the other members of the forum will be able to help with your problem but they will not need your phone number.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

raxxal

Post by raxxal » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm

This has been happening to me for the last three days or so, too. Actually it happens today. In the middle of a conversation it got disconnected. I thought it was the phone system that I just bought, but I started to wonder that it's not the phone system but may be the OOMA network. Hope there will be a fix soon.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Jaff Lin wrote:I have been using OOMA system for my phone since 10/8/09. Everything works fine until today. I made phone calls to several friends this afternoon. The all complained that they could not hear me well. I powered on and off the OOMA system and made another phone call. It lasted for about 4 or 5 minutes and seemed to work OK but all of a sudden, it was disconnected. I know my internet connection is fine because I have been sending and receiving e-mails without any problem and am able to have smooth Internet access. What could be wrong? Please advise. Thanks!
What service level do you currently have with Comcast? I know when my area recently went through Comcast's conversion to DOCSIS 3.0 things were a bit erratic for a while, but were fine once they were done. It went on for several weeks with occasional brief interruptions, usually once or twice a day.

Irregular ISP service that can cause problems with your phone may not be noticeable in browsing and email. The next time you get into a period of poor call quality, run the test at http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html while no call is going on and post the results from the Advanced tab.