Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#36672 by JaffLin@comcast.net
Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:16 pm
I have been using OOMA system for my phone since 10/8/09. Everything works fine until today. I made phone calls to several friends this afternoon. The all complained that they could not hear me well. I powered on and off the OOMA system and made another phone call. It lasted for about 4 or 5 minutes and seemed to work OK but all of a sudden, it was disconnected. I know my internet connection is fine because I have been sending and receiving e-mails without any problem and am able to have smooth Internet access. What could be wrong? Please advise. Thanks!

Jaff Lin
Last edited by JaffLin@comcast.net on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#36689 by southsound
Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:51 pm
Jaff,
I strongly recommend taking your personal telephone number and activation code off of your post using the edit function. The forum is searchable and read only access is public - so it is like putting your number on a batrhroom wall. I'm sure that some of the other members of the forum will be able to help with your problem but they will not need your phone number.
#36694 by raxxal
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm
This has been happening to me for the last three days or so, too. Actually it happens today. In the middle of a conversation it got disconnected. I thought it was the phone system that I just bought, but I started to wonder that it's not the phone system but may be the OOMA network. Hope there will be a fix soon.
#36707 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 pm
Jaff Lin wrote:I have been using OOMA system for my phone since 10/8/09. Everything works fine until today. I made phone calls to several friends this afternoon. The all complained that they could not hear me well. I powered on and off the OOMA system and made another phone call. It lasted for about 4 or 5 minutes and seemed to work OK but all of a sudden, it was disconnected. I know my internet connection is fine because I have been sending and receiving e-mails without any problem and am able to have smooth Internet access. What could be wrong? Please advise. Thanks!

What service level do you currently have with Comcast? I know when my area recently went through Comcast's conversion to DOCSIS 3.0 things were a bit erratic for a while, but were fine once they were done. It went on for several weeks with occasional brief interruptions, usually once or twice a day.

Irregular ISP service that can cause problems with your phone may not be noticeable in browsing and email. The next time you get into a period of poor call quality, run the test at http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html while no call is going on and post the results from the Advanced tab.