Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#36530 by vigitalmoe
Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:07 pm
Hello,

I have enabled multi-ring under the call forwarding and want to know why I can't answer calls that ring my cell phone? Both my home and cell phones ring, and when I answer the call from my cell phone I get the "press 1 to answer call or hang up to force to ooma voicemail" something like that. EVERYTIME I press 1 to receive the call the call is terminated.

Why am I getting the prompt to press 1... why can't I just answer the call? If thats the way its supposed to work, why is the call terminated after answering from my cell phone... btw, the user is directed to my ooma VM.

Thanks
#36531 by dtalwar
Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:25 pm
Try disabling the Ooma connection tone in the lounge and see if that helps ... and, yes, you have to press '1'.
#36535 by vigitalmoe
Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:59 pm
Actually I just tested with and without the ooma tone and what really happens is that when the "1" key is pressed from my cell phone the caller hears a loud tone that doesn't go away. I've tried it with and without the ooma tone enbaled and same symptom... maybe the callers were simply hanging up after receiving such a loud tone in their ear. Help!