Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35987 by anandan
Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:19 am
Hello,

So far, except for the last few weeks Ooma has been working great. For the last few weeks, I noticed that the "Ooma" tab in the hub goes red at times and a power cycle fixes the issue. Here is my Ooma Hub history from a warranty perspective -

12/4/2008 - (Ordered from amazon.com on 11/27/2008 and delivered on 12/4/2008). Here is the tracking information for the delivery by UPS -
Tracking Number: 1Z8E26Y01246966057 (actual UPS tracking number)
Delivered To: IRVING, TX, US

12/30/2008 - Porting completed with the current phone number (972) 518-XXXX

11/15/2009 - Issue started around second week of November 2009 that the Ooma tab glows solid red at time. Normally power cycling the hub fixes the issue.

12/4/2009 - Hub turned solid red since evening of 12/4/2009. No incoming / outgoing calls after evening of 12/4/2009. This was the last call from the Ooma logs -
(423) 895-XXXX Cell Phone TN Yesterday 06:58 PM 1:24
Could not reach Ooma support line last night.

12/5/2009 - Reported the problem at 8:16AM PST. After 39 minutes of troubleshooting, Customer support tells that the device is out of warranty and Ooma cannot replace the device. Here is the log for the support call in Central time from Google voice -
(888) 711-6662 12/5/09 10:16 AM 55 minutes ago 39 minutes long

I need Dennis (or) someone in to look into this issue and send me a private email.

Thanks,
Anandan.
#36012 by allo
Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:56 am
anandan wrote:Hello,

So far, except for the last few weeks Ooma has been working great. For the last few weeks, I noticed that the "Ooma" tab in the hub goes red at times and a power cycle fixes the issue. Here is my Ooma Hub history from a warranty perspective -

12/4/2008 - (Ordered from amazon.com on 11/27/2008 and delivered on 12/4/2008). Here is the tracking information for the delivery by UPS -
Tracking Number: 1Z8E26Y01246966057 (actual UPS tracking number)
Delivered To: IRVING, TX, US

12/30/2008 - Porting completed with the current phone number (972) 518-XXXX

11/15/2009 - Issue started around second week of November 2009 that the Ooma tab glows solid red at time. Normally power cycling the hub fixes the issue.

12/4/2009 - Hub turned solid red since evening of 12/4/2009. No incoming / outgoing calls after evening of 12/4/2009. This was the last call from the Ooma logs -
(423) 895-XXXX Cell Phone TN Yesterday 06:58 PM 1:24
Could not reach Ooma support line last night.

12/5/2009 - Reported the problem at 8:16AM PST. After 39 minutes of troubleshooting, Customer support tells that the device is out of warranty and Ooma cannot replace the device. Here is the log for the support call in Central time from Google voice -
(888) 711-6662 12/5/09 10:16 AM 55 minutes ago 39 minutes long

I need Dennis (or) someone in to look into this issue and send me a private email.

Thanks,
Anandan.

I don't know when they start counting for warranty purposes, but IMO I think you should be covered, since you received it just a year ago when you contacted OOMA.
Most warranties usually try to accommodate the customer even if it is a few days over....
I think you should call OOMA and ask to talk to a Manager/ supervisor... the longer you wait , the more complicated it gets!

Posting the problem is OK; but it may go unnoticed by someone with power at Ooma. The Forums are not meant for official business.

NB: Anybody nearing the 1 year ownership, should consider buying an extended warranty because it is a product we use everyday, and anything can happen... plus it helps OOMA stay afloat and hopefully provide a good service.
Many would say we already paid a lot... true, but the middle man (the leeches), like everything else we buy, get a big chunk of that!
Better yet, buy the Lifetime Premier and your warranty is extended to 3 Years - if it did not expire yet!
#36026 by allo
Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:59 am
allo wrote:...
NB: Anybody nearing the 1 year ownership, should consider buying an extended warranty because it is a product we use everyday, and anything can happen... plus it helps OOMA stay afloat and hopefully provide a good service.
Many would say we already paid a lot... true, but the middle man (the leeches), like everything else we buy, get a big chunk of that!
Better yet, buy the Lifetime Premier and your warranty is extended to 3 Years - if it did not expire yet!

I thought some might be interested in this (copied from a post):

FACTS ABOUT LEECHES
(I don't know why I disseminate information like this, but here it is)
1. There are over 600 known species of leeches.
2. The largest leech ever found measured 18 inches.
3. The leech has 32 brains -- 31 more than humans.
4. Not all leeches are bloodsuckers. Many are predators which eat earthworms.
5. The bite of a leech is painless, due to its own anesthetic.
6. The leech will gorge itself until it has had its full -- up to five times its body weight -- then fall off.
7. Leeches were first discovered in India.
8. The nervous system of the leech is similar to the human system and is enormous help to researchers in discovering answers to human problems.
9. Leeches can bite through a hippo's hide.
10. The main species of leech, the Hirudo, is an endangered species.
Posted by Kenneth Lobb at 7:44 AM

Anonymous said...

you forgot the largest of leeches; there exists a leech which grows 3-7ft, stands on two legs, has no spine and feeds off the work of others.

There you have it!

#36038 by anandan
Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:14 pm
Thanks "allo" for your advice. I could not get a manager on the phone, but I did send my issue as an email to support@ooma.com and info@ooma.com

Also, I don't remember seeing an "add-on" option to add the extended warranty. May be, I didn't spend much time on the online portal.

If I don't get a response from Ooma, I will have to consider the option to port my number to another provider. This will be a lesson for those having Ooma as their primary provider and don't have a backup line. Luckily, I have my cell phone line active.

Also, Does anyone know how promptly Ooma replaces a failed device ?