Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35846 by toddbecker
Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:56 am
My Ooma hub failed a week ago, it took almost 24 hours for a level two support tech to call back and verify the problem. At that point, a new hub was going to be sent out as a replacement, that was last Saturday. As of Wenesday, the Hub had not been sent out, in my effort to escalate I was told I would receive a call back w/in 24 hours. I have not received a call yet.

I love my Ooma, and up till now had great experiences with customer support. This is definitely a disappointment and will make it much harder for me to be a champion for Ooma in the future.
#35911 by toddbecker
Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:04 pm
The scouts were flashing red, there was no dialtone, and the hub seemed to have no power whatsoever (no lights, no response to buttons, etc.)
#35913 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:08 pm
toddbecker wrote:The scouts were flashing red, there was no dialtone, and the hub seemed to have no power whatsoever (no lights, no response to buttons, etc.)

Power supply issue?
#36173 by toddbecker
Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:19 pm
Tech support was unable to tell. Without another hub to try, they were unable to know for sure, they are sending an entire replacement unit.
#36390 by traveler
Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 pm
My hub just failed as well (Zero signs of life) I had it for about 1 year 3 months. Called support and started a support ticket 12/7/09. They told me someone would contact me in 24-48 hours. So we will see what happens. I love my ooma like others so it is a pain to not have it right now.
#36549 by toddbecker
Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:12 pm
I received my replacement hub today, opened it up discovered that it needed to be activated. I replaced the power supply to my existing hub, hoping that would solve the problem, but no luck. Then I went to the website, which directed me to call customer support if I was attempting to activate a replacement hub. Unfortunately, it was now 30 minutes after customer support closed. So I did as any curious kid would, I just plugged it in. It took about 2 minutes to register and sync up with the network but it seems to be working fine.

Communication from customer support was non-existent, but at least I have my Ooma back at no cost to me.

Thank you Ooma!
#36627 by traveler
Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:20 pm
well after several calls to customer support I am waiting for a level 2 or 3 tech to tell me what I already know, my hub is dead. I got the distinct impression they wanted me to not call until a received an email or call from them. Still waiting.....
#36763 by traveler
Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:44 am
I can now see why customer support is frustrating. No action on my ticket. The phone person told me she would follow up personally. So another having to forward my phone calls to my cell. It's hard to be a beleiver in OOMA and then have to go through this seeming foolishness. Let you know more soon.
#36983 by traveler
Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:10 pm
So no help from CS yet and I probably will have to call....again. I'm wondering what should I expect OOMA to do? Replace my failed hub? I've had it about a year and I just renewed my premium membership in November. Do I buy a new one or keep going up the food chain in management to complain?. Now without home phone service a week. Any moderators want to help me out? I have been waiting 5 days at least for level 2 or 3 techs to get me help.