Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32971 by couver
Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:56 pm
EDIT: Looks like I am not alone, so will monitor this thread for a solution:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4427&start=0

I decided to give the new Ooma Telo a try. I picked one up today and had it working just fine for voice calls in no time. However, I am still having trouble sending and receiving faxes -- I did finally manage to get one fax to send to one number out of about 20 attempts (I failed completely to send to one electronic fax number); but have not been able to receive at all. Per Ooma's instructions, I enabled "Fax Mode" in my preferences (it says this is required to receive faxes with the Telo). After reading through some other posts (that all seem to be in reference to the Ooma Hub), I also decreased my fax speed and disabled QoS. None of this seemed to help, so I did re-enable QoS on my router, but kept it disabled on the Telo.

My Telo is connected to a D-Link Dir-655 router, which is receiving internet via a Motorola SB-6120 cable modem (Comcast). Speeds are usually about 20Mbps down and 5Mbps up. I did try directly connecting the Telo to the SB-6120, but it didn't make any difference. Fax is an HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless AIO (a909g).

Thoughts or suggestions? Do you think is an issue with the Telo? I could return it and pick up a Hub/Scout package, which are still available at Costco, but I was considering getting some of the new handsets to go with the Telo, so would like to make the Telo work if I can. Thanks!
Last edited by couver on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#32989 by dchoe
Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:03 pm
on my hp aio, if i do a 'scan then fax' my success rate on outgoing is >90%. this is where it will scan the entire fax then dial out. also, it might help to *disable* the ecm (error connection mode).
#33012 by couver
Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:24 am
Good suggestions! However, they did not work. Nonetheless, I am glad to know about the scan-and-fax feature -- I will start using that so I can make sure all the pages feed before they send.

Still open to suggestions... I suppose this could also be an issue with the receiving fax, but I have faxed to it before without any trouble.