Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32390 by leinerd
Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:44 am
On 11/5 I started receiving 2 caller ID entries on my phone for each call. I haven't reported this yet to customer support but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thanks.

--Dave
#32432 by hpepper
Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 am
What is your setup? With a landline integration? What about your phones? one line, two line? How about multi ring or forwarding? All of these things have been known to be a potential problem like what you describe.
#32435 by leinerd
Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 am
I talked to tech support just now and they are aware of this problem. It is a problem when calls are forwarded from another number, as is the multiring issue. Once my old number ports in a few days, this will not be a problem for me since I won't be forwarding calls from my old landline any longer.
#34862 by leinerd
Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:39 am
I got a call from higher level tech support who said he has never heard of this problem. Probably the other support person who said it was a know problem with landline forwarding was just making that up to get rid of me.

One other symptom I noticed is that the duplicate caller ID comes in a few seconds after the first one. At that time, the ring tone starts over as well. Ooma must be sending some kind of duplicate signaling down the line.

My setup is with my Panasonic KX-TG5777 cordless phone connected to the Scout. My hub is connected behind the router since I could not connect it before the router due to DMZ and port forwarding not working. I turned off call forwarding/multi-ring with no effect.

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one with this problem. Anyone else?

Thanks.

--Dave