Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#31754 by jrod9707
Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:46 am
I'm probably going to buy ooma telo today and would like to know what people think of the ooma headset. There doesnt seem to be to much info as far as reviews and overall satisfaction with the phone. I saw a BB customer review and the person said the HD quality is only with other ooma users(which makes sense). But anyone who has the handset is it worth it or should I just stick with the usual 2-3 handset packs by panasonic.
#31759 by Leeway
Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:00 am
Best Buy is selling the HS but they cannot be activated yet. The prediction is sometime in the next week.

The Telo is wonderful and it will work nicely with the Panasonics in the meanwhile.

Keep in mind that when you set up the Telo, it will take some time to download software before it is ready for prime time. Just let it download for awhile.

The Telo is very nice.
#31762 by southsound
Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:08 am
The Telo proprietary handset will have some additional features that will not be available on other handsets - although both will work well. The Telo is capable of using two separate phone numbers or the Instant Second Line - both Premier features. Although Premier costs extra ($10 per month or $120 per year) you get a lot of value for that $10 a month. The Instant Second Line means you can call someone else when the first line is already in use - the separate phone number may be assigned to the Telo handset. There will also be a contacts list type of address book on the Telo handset.

But as Leeway says, the Telo will work great with regular DECT 6.0 phones line Panasonic or Uniden. I have both the hub/scout and a Telo. The Telo has a "phone" jack that can feed dialtone to regular corded phones and/or cordless base stations. You can actually provide dialtone to your entire house using it although some installations may require some changes in wiring to facilitate this. :cool:
#31764 by jrod9707
Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:50 am
Thanks for the confidence in ooma and the heads up. You started to answer my next question if I tap into my existing telophone lines in the house with the output jack, will that be the way to send the signal to all phones? basically tap into the main tele line that branches after that?
#31954 by Wilsonium
Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:15 pm
Take care and make sure you disconnect your house wiring from your traditional phone company otherwise you risk pushing your dial tone out through your neighborhood among other risks. Since I didn't need my line for DSL or for an incoming landline on that cable, I just waked out to the side of my home where the line drops from the pole, opened up my terminal box and disconnected my house wiring at that point.

This setup is described in the Quick Start Guide as well as the online guides, both of which should be consulted prior to configuring your home wiring.