Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#30636 by graham
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:35 am
I have two vtech wireless handheld phones connected to the ooma hub and a regular phone connected to the scout. When I pick up the phone the red one lights up on the hub. When I try to dial a number on either of my handhelds, after keying in the first number, the line switches to the red 2 on the hub lighting up and the ooma dialtone ringing again. If I try to dial again it does the same thing but switches back from 2 to 1 on the hub. This makes it so I cannot place any calls from the handhelds. The interesting thing is that this does not happen when using the phone connected to the scout and it doesn't always happen with the handhelds - although it happens most of the time.

Any ideas about what could be going on here?

Thanks,
Charles
#30639 by murphy
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:49 am
Using the flash key on your cordless handset will cause it to switch to the opposite line.
Are you entering the number to be dialed before or after taking the handset off hook?
#30856 by graham
Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:13 pm
I take the phone off the hook. I click on the "phone" button to get the ooma dialtone. Then I begin to dial the phone number on the handset. After typing the first number it bumps to a new line and gives me the ooma dialtone over. Sometimes it works just fine while other times (most of the time) it does not work when trying to dial.

The type of handset I have is a VTECH IA5864. The phone button is also the flash button as you can see from the picture linked below. I tried to see if there was any info on the flash button in the manual and all I could find was

"Flash/Call Waiting During a call, press to receive an incoming call, if call waiting is activated."

IA5864 Picture
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... AA280_.jpg

IA5864 Manual
http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/supp ... alID=21708
Last edited by graham on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#30868 by murphy
Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:03 am
Those pictures are way too small to see anything.
Try entering the phone number first and then pressing the call button.
#30898 by graham
Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:38 am
Yes - I have tried that too. When I hit call it dials the first number changes channels, dials the second number, changes channels again etc.

The funny thing is that sometimes it works without a hitch - and I can't figure out what the difference is between when it works and when it doesn't.