Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#30635 by hpepper
Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 am
I just activated a new Telo and it DID ask for a credit card number. The space for the credit card said required information and I put it in. A $10.00 charge did show up under my pending items then it disappeared a couple days later before it actually went through.

It indicated I would have to cancel Premiere (any time within the first 60 days) or it would automatically charge me for Premiere.
#30648 by lchan
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:20 am
I registered my hub/scout on 10/17. Since hub/scout will not have the $12/year fee, I think that might be why payment information is not needed during registration. And I expect Premier will go away automatically after 60 days in my case.
#30712 by FloridaJohn
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am
I registered my hub on 10/31 and it did not require a credit card number. When/if I decide to port a number or sign up for Premier, I assume I will need to provide a credit card then. Otherwise, I don't think it is necessary for hub/scout (aka core) units.
#30749 by Tacoma Driver
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 pm
I know if you buy the Hub only from a Costco B&M, you will need to provide credit card information for the $12 annual regulatory fee. I just found this out because my sister just bought one and activated it. After the fact she found out that if she would have bought the Hub and Scout from Costco.com she would not need to, since it doesn't have the regulatory fees attached to it.
She's now in the process of trying to undo that purchase and start with the Hub/Scout combo.