Calling canada local or long distance?

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
cyberthon

Calling canada local or long distance?

Post by cyberthon » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:08 am

Thats the question. Is calling Canada from NYC considered a local call or long distance? If long distance then what are the charges?

Thanks.

ntoy

Re: Calling canada local or long distance?

Post by ntoy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:15 am

Hello,

Canada would not be a local call, it would be considered international calling for us. The link below will direct you to our international calling rates:

https://www.ooma.com/products/international-rates

cyberthon

Post by cyberthon » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:16 am

One more question: I have not been able to find a page on ooma's site that lists per-minute charges for calling specific countries. Please provide a link if anyone has one.

Thanks.

dknyinva

Post by dknyinva » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:18 am

cyberthon wrote:One more question: I have not been able to find a page on ooma's site that lists per-minute charges for calling specific countries. Please provide a link if anyone has one.

Thanks.
see above link from ntoy

RyanL

Post by RyanL » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:18 am

Now how does it go if the non-Ooma person calls the Ooma customer in NY? Does the Ooma person get charged the same as if they made the call themselves (much like a cell phone)?

daet

Post by daet » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:22 am

RyanL wrote:Now how does it go if the non-Ooma person calls the Ooma customer in NY? Does the Ooma person get charged the same as if they made the call themselves (much like a cell phone)?
No. You only get charged for outbound international calls. And the 5000 minute "limit" is only for outbound calls.

DG
Ooma customer since April 2009
Ooma equipment: Hub ; Telo + 4 handsets
Ooma service: Annual Premier subscription

RyanL

Post by RyanL » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:26 am

daet wrote:
RyanL wrote:Now how does it go if the non-Ooma person calls the Ooma customer in NY? Does the Ooma person get charged the same as if they made the call themselves (much like a cell phone)?
No. You only get charged for outbound international calls. And the 5000 minute "limit" is only for outbound calls.

DG
Thanks, it looks like I might be ditching my Vonage. It looks like I can port my # number over too.

ronhummel

Post by ronhummel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:26 am

Thank you,
Go to this country by country rate list before making a call. Then you will know what to expect. ;)