Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#29037 by Lee
Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:03 am
I'm going with the premier service right out of the gate after my free 60 day trial. Ten bucks a month is cheap compared to the $39/month I now pay Qwest and they don't have all Ooma's services. For me, the main reason is the call blocking. I am recently getting hounded with solicitation calls and one "Toll Free" number calling for someone who is delinquent on their bills. I've told them three times I am NOT that person and to quit harassing me but next night, another call from "Toll Free." My question, many on the forum also seem to be having problems getting the call block to work. Is this another case of just the folks having problems are posting or is Ooma still getting the bugs out?
#29045 by Groundhound
Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:24 am
Some are still having trouble with it, but I just added my cell number to mine as a test and it worked just fine for all the various treatments except "Continuous Ring", which yielded silence followed by a busy signal. The other treatments worked as expected: "Send to Voice Mail", "Call Blocked Message", and "Number Disconnected Message".

Edit: One other minor glitch. I had to log out and then log back in to remove my cell number from my blacklist.