Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#26725 by mbowlsby
Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm
For some reason, when people try to call my ooma phone service, they don't hear the phone ringing on their device. Our phones still ring in the house. I've had ooma service for a couple of months and have never experienced this before. This just started a couple of days ago. Anyone have any ideas??
matt
#26731 by bw1
Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:37 pm
You could try rebooting the hub by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

If that doesn't work, then you could try resetting the hub by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then hold down the Ooma (blue) tab while plugging it back in.

If neither of those work, you may want to keep a log of several calls in which the caller didn't hear ringback and then call Ooma Customer Service with that information. It could be an issue with the carrier in your area.
#26833 by mbowlsby
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:33 pm
I called Customer Service. Still no joy. He called me from a different landline and he said it works just fine. My brother in New York, I from a cell phone or a friend of mine from a local landline all can't get the ringing when calling my home number. Kind of frustrating, especially since I've really found the Ooma experience to be such a great one up til now.. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS?
#27617 by mbowlsby
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:21 pm
I tried the reboot while holding down the ooma tab for 30 seconds. No luck. I've massaged every available setting in my preferences, still no joy. I really need to get this fixed. Now I see this is happening to someone else as well. OOMA, PLEASE LOOK INTO HOW THIS CAN BE FIXED!! This is a real nuissance we shouldn't have to live with. Please provide update on next possible steps.
Matt