Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#26352 by amarryat
Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:00 am
When I use my Ooma to call my Verizon landline, the Verizon caller ID says "unknown" along with the correct phone number. How can I get my name info to be sent as well? Doesn't Ooma have to update some database somewhere with this information?
#26355 by murphy
Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 am
How long have you had ooma?
Some phone companies may only update their CID database once a month.
When you call a Verizon phone the CID name comes from Verizon's database.
#26358 by bryanlyle
Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 am
I'm going on 8 months with Ooma and my name is still not displayed when I call people. Ooma claims everything is set up correctly on their side.

So, are there folks out there that ported their number FROM Verizon and have their name show up correctly?
#26360 by Groundhound
Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:02 am
bryanlyle wrote:I'm going on 8 months with Ooma and my name is still not displayed when I call people. Ooma claims everything is set up correctly on their side.

So, are there folks out there that ported their number FROM Verizon and have their name show up correctly?

Check your CNAM by going to this site, http://www.cnam.info/, scroll to the bottom where it says "Can I try the service?" and click on the "this pop up window" link. For those who've had their number for less than a couple of months it probably won't be there but in your case it should be.
#26371 by bryanlyle
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:00 am
I'm there. And it shows exactly what callers see when I call them. UNAVAILABLE.

Is this something Ooma can change? They claim they have done everything that they need to do on their side.

I have been giving Ooma the benefit of the doubt, but I am starting to wonder if they $%&#@# something up on their side.

The number that I had Verizon set up for my security system shows up perfectly. That number was set up 2 months AFTER my Ooma port :(