Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#26141 by Bill11
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:42 am
I would like to sign up for Ooma Lifetime Premier, and have two questions:

1. Is a free port of my current landline included in the $350 cost for Lifetime Premier?

2. Do I call Ooma Customer Service to purchase Lifetime Premier?

Thanks,

Bill11
#26159 by bw1
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:03 am
Bill11 wrote:I would like to sign up for Ooma Lifetime Premier, and have two questions:

1. Is a free port of my current landline included in the $350 cost for Lifetime Premier?

Please ask customer support and let us know. I'm guessing it does not.

Bill11 wrote:2. Do I call Ooma Customer Service to purchase Lifetime Premier?

Yes, and you need to have a credit card registered under Account -> Billing Information in "My Ooma".
#26266 by Bill11
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 pm
Thanks, bw1. I did as you suggested, and I'm now a happy Ooma Lifetime Premier customer. I found Ooma Customer Service staff to be very friendly, efficient and helpful. I've only had Ooma for about a week so it didn't take long for me to decide I wanted to be a customer for good.

Here is how this works, for anyone else who might be interested.

1. Call Ooma Customer Service at 1-888-711-6662. Either have your credit card ready and they'll input the info into your account on your behalf, or input it yourself first before calling as bw1 said above.

2. Pay $349.99 and you will have Lifetime Premier service, for the life of the account, not the life of whichever Ooma hardware you own (meaning Lifetime Premier is transferable to another Ooma device).

3. You can have one complimentary telephone number port - this is included in the Lifetime Premier fee (very nice!).

4. To have your number ported, go to My Ooma, choose Add-Ons, then Number Port. Provide the information needed and put the $39.99 item in your cart. You will not be double-charged, the one port will be free (additional number ports are not free, if you need more than one number ported).

5. Kick back and enjoy the great Ooma service!

Bill11
#26327 by franklasvegas
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:10 pm
Bill - do you know from working with support if you had the choice of port or handset like the annual provides?

Thanks!
#26345 by Bill11
Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:20 am
Frank,

I don't know whether the offer of a Telo handset in lieu of a complimentary number port is an option with Lifetime Premier. I suggest giving Customer Service a call. It took only a couple of minutes for me to reach them and they were very helpful.

Regards,

Bill11
#26367 by allo
Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:36 am
It is tempting if the Premier Service is for the life of the account and not the Hardware... but shelling out that much assumes that to at least recoup the full amount one needs the following conditions:
1- one lives more than 3 - 1/2 years after purchasing Premier.
2- Ooma stays in business that long. (Sunrocket)
3. the service stays as good as it is today : (look at Vonage...)
4. Some newer and better technology doesn't come along.

Who knows ? May be it is worth taking the risk ?

#26401 by ooma-fan
Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 am
Good for you, Bill. I wish I could have done the same prior to subscribing the annual Premier.
Being a Premier subscriber now, and no any number to be ported (again), I am wondering if the existing Premier subscribers could get the equivalent benefit (value of $39), to become a Lifetime Premier now.... $99 (paid) + $349 -$39= $409?
#26407 by danshiki
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:17 am
Ooma "Lifetime Premier" may mean the life of the base unit if I am reading the following excerpt from the Ooma Licensing agreement correctly:

" Purchase and Licensing of Equipment

* (a) Purchase of Equipment: When you enter this Agreement, you are purchasing or have purchased Equipment. You will own the Equipment and bear all risk of loss of, theft of, casualty to or damage to the equipment from the time that we ship it to you until the time (if any) that it is returned to us in accordance with this Agreement. You agree to the limits on use of the equipment, as set forth herein.
* (b) Subject to the limitations in this Agreement, purchase of certain Ooma base units includes Basic Service which is the capability to make calls that terminates within the United States using the base unit during the life of the base unit. Any and all references on Ooma packaging, in sponsored advertising, on the Ooma web site, in third party marketing materials and/or in any other context or location that refer to the provision of "free" calling and/or "service for life" and/or "unlimited" service and or "free home phone service" and/or "free U.S. calling with no monthly fees" shall be narrowly construed as providing the customer with the ability to make a reasonable amount of calls within the United States consistent with normal residential use for the life of the product, and are subject to the terms and limitations of this Agreement. These calls will be routed using the Internet Protocol over your High-Speed internet connection and are subject to the characteristics described in Paragraph 3 below."

Who is sure the smart folks at Ooma may not decide later that Lifetime Premier is for the Life of the Base Unit?
#26475 by allo
Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm
Bill,
I really appreciate it if you can tell me/us , if they send you a receipt with the Terms and Conditions regarding the Lifetime Premier Service you bought... and if it says , specifically, that the lifetime is for the life of the account and not the hardware!
Something like: Terms and Conditions of Agreement Between a Customer and Ooma.

Thanks.
#26504 by usaooma
Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 pm
i didn't know you can buy a lifetime premier subscription. will definitely need clarification on the lifetime coverage tied to the account and not the hardware.

i like the thought of this very much. did it for Tivo many many years ago and we still have and use Tivo today.