Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#25027 by tm0445
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:42 pm
Is there no end to what doesn't work here?
First of all, I have had a ticket number for a week now regarding being unable to login to the "my ooma" area. I registered last week, got my hub working, and have been unable to enter the lounge area since. I called the (overseas) support number again, and was told there is nothing that they could do to help me.
After reading posts in the forums, I decided to email support, with another description of my problem, the ticket number, etc. (I did this by clicking on Support and then "Contact Us", and then "Send Us an Email "and then filling out the req'd info and description, etc., and hit send.)

So, guess what: I have rec'd the following email from "postmaster@talismaonline.com" :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

ooma.supportbkp@cimondemand.corp

Now, before anyone says that the above is not the address for support, please note this is NOT the addy which the fill in form had on it when I hit send.

Now that this has also failed, is there some other way to talk or email someone who actually can do anything here????
#25028 by tm0445
Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 pm
Well, another mystery --
Guess you can ignore my post above-- despite the delivery failure notice, I did just receive a reply from someone in support (within 30 seconds after I hit submit.)
#25063 by jazzyone
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:43 pm
30 seconds is pretty fast...You got lucky!

I wrote to them twice and it took about 2 days for a response. That was ok since my questions were not urgent.
#25065 by southsound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 pm
tm0445 wrote:Well, another mystery --
Guess you can ignore my post above-- despite the delivery failure notice, I did just receive a reply from someone in support (within 30 seconds after I hit submit.)

You might want to edit your subject with the word Fixed. It would be nice if is said, "Fixed - email to support bounces"

And welcome to ooma!
#25067 by aphrodite
Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:02 pm
My email to support (with ticket number) is also bouncing, and I'm receiving the same message as tm0445 did.

I definitely didn't get a reply within 30 seconds, but I guess I'll try re-sending tomorrow and see what happens.
#25141 by mezzy316
Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 am
At least you received a response. I have emailed them 3 times over the last week and have yet to get a response back.
#25180 by WayneDsr
Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:11 am
If you have an issue that needs an imediate response, call Customer Service. Ooma is flooded with email, especially at this time and calling them will expedite a fix and possibly even get you a trouble ticket.

Wayne
#26095 by aphrodite
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:25 pm
I re-sent the email on 10/9 and it didn't bounce, received a reply on 10/10. I wrote back with another question right away and haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they'll get back soon. Their answers to my questions are very very vague, and some of my questions aren't being answered at all. All of my questions have to do with clarifying the new telo release as versus buying an ooma core, and I wonder if they're still not totally clear on their rules internally, so they're being vague until they can say something definite.

Anyhow, in my experience, be patient and they will eventually respond... :)
#38097 by The Talker
Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 pm
Seems this issue is still an issue. My request for support via their send email system bounced. I'm loosing faith in this set up of Omma. The url http://ooma.ehosts.net/netagent/oomaemailform.aspx sent the message and it bounced back with an error.

>>Hello, this is the mail server on mt01.cimondemand.com.
I am sending you this message to inform you on the delivery status of a
message you previously sent. Immediately below you will find a list of
the affected recipients; also attached is a Delivery Status Notification
(DSN) report in standard format, as well as the headers of the original
message.
<support@oomacare.com> delivery failed; will not continue trying
Final-Recipient: rfc822;support@oomacare.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns;ngenpdxmx02.cimondemand.com (67.217.236.71)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
X-PowerMTA-BounceCategory: policy-related
<<

Contacting them through their telephone help is dismal as well. Although I finally did get through on the third day of trying, it would be helpful in their queue to have an announcement of the callers estimated wait time to assist the next caller message.

I'm hoping they have hired extra staff for all the Merry Christmas gift recipients who will call for activation/help on December 26th.
#38280 by The Talker
Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:55 am
MY UPDATE:
My second message to their 'contact us" via email system must have arrived. The issue I wrote to them about has been resolved. What I find strange about it though is that there was no acknowledgment of the message, no call to verify information and no conformation that the requested changed was made. I'm glad no one hacked into my account and requested unauthorized changes.
Anyway, the changes were made and I guess that is the point, Ooma staff came through. Now lets get these additional handsets working and contact list to sync with them once they are functioning to operate at their full potential.