Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#24074 by tbone209
Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:33 pm
when i call someone my number shows up on their caller id but my name doesn't it just says unavailable name and showes my number I would like for my name to show up Thanks
#24080 by dlong
Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:41 pm
Same here. Mine's been like this since March, 2009. It worked okay for 1 week, then stopped. Would like to get this taken care of as well.
#24086 by southsound
Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:58 pm
Same condition since February. Several opened and closed tickets, many calls to tech support, pulled out most of my remaining hair. Now I am contemplating doing something about it. I understand that you can change your name very easily and rather than worry about my ooma showing up with my real name I could just change my name to "Unavailable" and not have to worry any more. The only downside I see is that a person would not have any way of telling if it was Unavailable (southsound), Unavailable (dlong), or Unavailable (tbone209) calling them. Darn! My plan worked well until you guys brought confusion to the situation. :P
#24092 by bryanlyle
Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 am
Same problem. I've had Ooma since March.

Just call me Mr. Unavailable or Mr. Out of Area. I'll answer to both. I even ported over the number that we've had for 10 years and still doesn't show my name.

This is my only complaint with Ooma and is something that I tell folks when I recommend Ooma to them.