Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#37858 by Aveamantium
Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:11 pm
tjnamtiw wrote:Aveamantium, I see you are just a registered user so I assume you don't truly speak for ooma. It is nice to regurgitate all the info we already know; however, what we TRULY WANT TO KNOW is will ooma default on their initial promise to grandfather original Premier members for $99 a year for as long as we are subscribers! Unfortunately, when this promise was made, I took ooma for their word and did not do a screen dump of that page.

This is a user forum so if you don't want user responses then feel free to leave! Ooma has NEVER promised that you would get the $99 premier for life as long as you're a subscriber! The initial use of the word "Grandfathered" was probably a poor choice of words but Ooma explained this shortly after.
#37907 by scottlindner
Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:35 am
tjnamtiw wrote:Aveamantium, I see you are just a registered user so I assume you don't truly speak for ooma. It is nice to regurgitate all the info we already know; however, what we TRULY WANT TO KNOW is will ooma default on their initial promise to grandfather original Premier members for $99 a year for as long as we are subscribers! Unfortunately, when this promise was made, I took ooma for their word and did not do a screen dump of that page.

I think we know the answer based on the vague wording, but no one is going to come out and say it, so the issue is being danced around.

It's still a great deal, but it would be nice to have a straight answer.

Scott
#38138 by roar
Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 pm
Same here, I'd like to extend (been trying it ever since I got the e-mail), but I guess they don't want me to as I also get this error message every single time. What gives?????

Do they (Ooma reps/tech) monitor this forum?
#38157 by allo
Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:54 pm
joan wrote:I tried extending. However, when I attempted to proceed past my selection in my cart, I got an unable to process message. Is there currently a problem with this application? Thanks!

Postby roar » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:49 pm
Same here, I'd like to extend (been trying it ever since I got the e-mail), but I guess they don't want me to as I also get this error message every single time. What gives?????

Do they (Ooma reps/tech) monitor this forum?

roar

the clock is ticking... if you want it, you better call, and do it over the phone... doing it on the web is iffy at the present time!
Doing business/transactions on their web site has been mostly unreliable for quite some time now, and it is a hit or miss!
Either they are understaffed or overwhelmed by all the emails.

To test I sent an email to report a small problem 3 weeks ago, and I just got an answer tonight... asking me to call ...and report the problem if it is still occurring!
So if you want to accomplish what you want , you better call!

#38233 by Shing
Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm
I tried to extend online thru my e mail from them and got the error page. I then called tech support. I was told that I had to use Firefox to get into the OOma system and be able to extend my premier! He said that IE wasn't compatible with some of the applications on the ooma.com site. What malarky that was!!I have been using IE and don't have a second browser downloaded. I told this guy that I couldn't extend my subscription online and what was on the site with the error and he told me" It WILL BE FIXED SOONER OR LATER"!! I told him the offer was expiring the 31st. Sooner or later just won't do! I tried to get him to let me make the purchase on the phone but either he didn't know what he was doing or just didn't want to do it...but told me they want customers to do it themselves...well we are trying to do it ourselves and we are not having any luck! I did then try to use Firefox and it didn't work either! I asked him if he was sure firefox would allow me to make the purchase and he said yes, then said well most probably! OOMA is a good system BUT the people onthe tech end really need to learn what they are doing! I have had my ooma since May of this year and I use dIE when I bought it with no problem. It ticks me off that we try to extend and save the extra money...even tho we were really should have it at $99, but we are not able to purchase it thru the site and I can't even purchase it online! The guy was in the Phillipines.
#38286 by Shing
Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:22 am
NO, is that what I should have done? I will try that today. I am trying to decide whether or not I should get the lifetime BUT if it isn't really a lifetime for the account and only the hub that is activated now, I am not so sure. My hub and scout work well but I have only had them up and running since May so it could go bad before the 3 1/2 years that would break even for me with the "lifetime". Too bad OOMA doesn't do what the virus protection "Stop Sign" does..give you a 20 year contract as lifetime which is a nice deal for us. If OOMA did something like that I am sure many would opt for the lifetime.
Thank you for the suggestion of getting sales. I had even ASKED the guy IF I shouid call back and select sales and he said no. Guess that was why I didn't think anything more about the sales selection.
#38305 by allo
Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:48 am
Shing wrote:NO, is that what I should have done? I will try that today. I am trying to decide whether or not I should get the lifetime BUT if it isn't really a lifetime for the account and only the hub that is activated now, I am not so sure. My hub and scout work well but I have only had them up and running since May so it could go bad before the 3 1/2 years that would break even for me with the "lifetime". Too bad OOMA doesn't do what the virus protection "Stop Sign" does..give you a 20 year contract as lifetime which is a nice deal for us. If OOMA did something like that I am sure many would opt for the lifetime.
Thank you for the suggestion of getting sales. I had even ASKED the guy IF I shouid call back and select sales and he said no. Guess that was why I didn't think anything more about the sales selection.

Yes you should talk to SALES.
The warranty TOTAL = 3 years from the date of purchase... not 3 1/2
After 3 years , if it breaks they will let you replace the machine at your own expense...
If that machine (Hub/Telo) is no longer available after 3 years, they say they will allow you to upgrade to whatever is available at that time... while keeping Lifetime P.!
They say that you are guaranteed 3 years of Service and Hardware FREE OF ANY COST... they did not say Lifetime ends after 3 years.
If the machine lasts 20 years, then you have 20 years of Premier service!

#38323 by joeed1
Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:07 pm
If the machine lasts 20 years, then you have 20 years of Premier service!

Does anyone know what actual part inside the HUB defines "your device" as far as the lifetime premier is concerned? Is it the part that holds the MAC address? If so, what component on the main board is it?

Anyone disected a HUB yet? I'd like to know specifically what component inside the HUB I have to worry about. Because everything around that heart could be replaced with used parts canabilized from ebay HUBs. As long as the heart doesn't die, you could replace around it and still have lifetime Premier service intact.

I would imaging youtube videos being created around this in years to come...