Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#36521 by dlong
Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:01 pm
You should call customer service and get this sorted out before the end of the month.

I called support for 2 days. Talked to 3 different support people in the Philipines! Did you not read my past two messages? Thanks anyway.

Mostly, I originally got Premiere in March 2009 because I loved Ooma and wanted to see it continue. Oh well.
:?
#36528 by feartheturtle
Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:57 pm
dlong:

Yes, I did read your previous posts in this thread. I assumed that Ooma's official policy for your service and mine would be the same (or very similar). Would they really treat "paying premier" customers differently than "trial premier" customers? I can't believe its intentional. My experience (with other companies - not Ooma) is that often times you need to talk to 3 or 4 CS reps (sometimes more!!) before you find one that is knowledgeable enough to work with your request.

The entire story for our account: Since we had already paid for our number to be ported I knew that I had to deal with CS to complete the "free port with subscription deal." So rather than risk talking to someone in CS who might not recognize the request I was about to make, I sent a PM to Bobby B (who forwarded my request to someone in CS). This person must have been real busy. It took a few reminder emails, but eventually he charged my credit card the additional $60 and our account now reads "Premier, Annual Subscription" with an expiration date of March, 2011. But the whole exchange of PM and emails took 4 to 5 weeks before the change took place. If you wait 4 weeks from today you will be into 2010 - and the rate will go up $20 for the additional year subscription.

Maybe you should send a PM to one of the moderators and request a call back from CS?? Good luck!
#36538 by dlong
Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm
Thanks feartheturtle.

It's a mess. Look at this thread. Noone has had a clue of what is and what will be going on. I spent 2 days with tech support on it. Tech support in Phillipines didn't know. I'm not trying to start anything. I loved Ooma. But, right now Ooma is a mess. I found this out while trying to resolve this issue.

Sorry, I'm not very happy about this right now. I will shut up now.
#36556 by feartheturtle
Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm
Yes, I agree, its hard to love Ooma at the moment. I think most of the problems revolve around what happened on Oct 1, 2009. Clearly the my.ooma website was not ready for deployment, and introducing the Telo on the same date was just too much. I think they are still playing "catch up" from those two occurrences.

What is hard to gauge is how many Ooma customers are having serious issues. Hopefully there is a solid base of new users that are happy with the service they receive and are willing to pay for the premier service. If there are enough of those customers then Ooma will survive these growing pains. If not . . . .

Our personnel experience is good - we had Verizon service with no perks, just a dial tone that cost us more than $40/mo. Add long distance and we are saving close to $50/mo. So our demands/expectations are not that hard to fulfill. Our Ooma Core system will be paid for in about four months. My "Ooma wish" is that next December we have a new Telo, with tons of exciting features, that is sitting next to our computer/modem/router and starting to earn its payback. For that to take place the folks behind the scenes at Ooma must take care of current issues and they must deliver on promises already made.
#36567 by Aveamantium
Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:39 am
You have to take these forums with a grain of salt... Most people either come here to help out or because they have issues with their Ooma. We have a few people pop in here (like fareal) to say that they are happy but it doesn't happen all that often.

By the way, welcome to Ooma fareal!
#36572 by MikeekiM
Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 am
dlong... Here's a suggestion... If you haven't already done so that is...

When you are in the IVR, select sales instead of tech support... The sales guys WANT your money... And I have also found them to be very responsive to sales issues like the $99.99 pricing before the end of the year...and the lifetime premier...

Calling tech support for a sales issue still works for some people... but it is an indirect route into what is really a sales issue...

And if you've already done this, and still have wound up where you are now, I apologize...I have not read the entire thread, or your entire situation... But I wanted to give you this suggestion just in case you haven't gone down this route...

Good luck!
#36603 by dlong
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:44 am
by Aveamantium...You have to take these forums with a grain of salt...

Aveamantium, these forums are a resource, a valuable asset, for Ooma. Many issues are resolved in this forum. Most customers rely on this for their information. This thread is 16 pages long because of the confusion of a change of policy and then another change of policy. Ooma never officially stated any policy other than a blog policy announcement and a forum post announcement. And so, this is the lifeline and last resort for those who have tried calling support or have tried PSMing Bobby. Nonetheless, I'm so glad all your Ooma issues are resolved. Ooma's lack of management and judgement is the reason all these people are scrambling for communication at this December date before the 31st. Bobby B used to be a major lifeline connection. I don't see his presence any more.
#36604 by Aveamantium
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am
I'd give it another week or so before you get too upset... Seems like a lot of catching up is going on right now! I too would like to extend my Premier for $99 before the deadline at the end of this month and have it on pretty good authority that it will be available soon!