Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23299 by wayneh
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:56 am
My understanding is that there is no charge for things like Voicemail when you by the Telo.
But I've seen a pricelist https://www.ooma.com/legal/rates and now I'm confused.

When you buy Telo, is there a charge for Voicemail? Number porting? Phone support?

Can someone explain why there is an a la carte pricelist?

Thanks.
#23301 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:02 am
Telo's will go to a "basic" service after the 60 day premier trail, which does NOT include voicemail. So you'll have to purchase Premier (or the a la carte items) to get these services.
#23321 by wayneh
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:24 am
Now I'm really confused.

When you buy the Hub, you get voicemail and don't have to pay a monthly fee?

But with the 'new and improved' product Telo, you have to pay a monthly fee for voicemail?

Why would anyone buy Telo?
#23326 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:27 am
My guess is that the Ooma Core systems (the ones that fall under the "old" TOS) will not be available for long...
#23332 by wayneh
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:35 am
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense.

According to the FAQs, it clearly states that Ooma includes voicemail at no charge.
#23333 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:39 am
This is what it states in the FAQs
I currently get voicemail through my home phone service. Can I cut that cost too?
You bet! Ooma provides voicemail at no extra charge. You can check your voicemail online, by phone or on the Ooma devices themselves with the Broadband Answering Machine.

So you are correct, there are some inconsistencies.
#23334 by wayneh
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 am
So where do I get the correct answers if there are inconsistencies, and if Ooma employees do not answer these forums?
#23350 by Aveamantium
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:53 am
Just looking around the website, it does look like they need to do some updating (Like explaining the different Tiers of Service). But Groundhound's link would be the most accurate source right now.
#23433 by wayneh
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:25 pm
Seems like buying the hub and scout (at Costco) is the best option because it includes voicemail.