Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23156 by randym77
Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:22 pm
I've had my Ooma for quite awhile, and it's worked fine. Suddenly tonight, it stopped working. I tried restarting my entire network (modem, Ooma, router, computer), but it hasn't helped. And with the Ooma not working, I can't access the Internet or use the phone. (I'm borrowing a wireless card to post this message.)

The rear tab on the Ooma hub is flashing red. The top four buttons are steady red. What does that mean?
#23157 by WayneDsr
Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:26 pm
It usually means the hub cannot connect to the internet.
Try rebooting the hub.
Unplug the power from the hub.
Hold down the red/blue ooma tab. (yes it is a switch)
While holding down the tab, plug the power cord in.
Continue holding the tab down for 30 seconds while ooma flashes a red light show.
After 30 seconds, release tab. ooma hub has been reset to factory.
Hope this works for you.

Wayne
EDIT: After you do this restart your modem and anything else connected to ooma.
#23166 by randym77
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 pm
Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestion. Nothing has changed...except there are now six red buttons lit up on the front of the hub, instead of four. It's the six rightmost buttons.
#23167 by WayneDsr
Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 pm
Can you remove the ooma hub from the picture and reconnect your network and see if you can get on the internet?
Is your internet down?

Wayne
#23337 by backforty
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 am
For the second day in a row my hub went down too.(note: I could get internet by directly connecting modem to router) I did the restart "Modem-hub-router" trick in order with no luck - hub remained red. Tried again this time holding down the red/blue tab during power up of the hub and viola .... blue light and all is well again. Powered up router and internet from Comcast flows through hub just fine. THANKS FORUM!!!

But now the question, why is this happening? Has been working flawless since August this year. Any ideas??? Thank goodness for multi-ring to my cell phone during this ordeal.