Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#21681 by cmbrandy
Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:54 am
I've had ooma for about 6 mouths and it been working great. In the last week I'm having problems with the phone connected to the ooma Scout. I will pick up the phone and I don't hear a dail tone. I unplug the Scount and plug it back in and everything works again. What's strange is that the blue light is on but no dail tone. The phone conneted to the ooma Hub always works unless the red light is on. Does anyone have any ideas?
#21687 by hpepper
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 am
I noticed in an earlier post you had cable, not DSL - Is that still the case? Also, do you have a landline incorporated into the Ooma system?

I suggest plugging the Hub directly to the Scout with a separate phone cord and see if it continues to have problems. That will at least narrow it down to something going on in the wiring (or what is on the wiring, such as landline service or something like that.)
#21698 by cmbrandy
Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:29 am
I still use Cox Cable for my high speed internet and I don't have a landline.

I will trying pluging it in directly to the hub to see if the problem persist. However, I doubt the problem is with the internal wiring becuase I would have seen the problem long before now.