Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#20274 by noltian
Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:28 am
This is my first month using OOMA for international calls to Canada and South Korea. The way OOMA charges international calls is very doubtful.

OOMA rounds up the call rate instead of the rate OOMA advertise

This is an example..

call to canada is 0.014. I found OOMA didn't include tax on the advertising. Fine. it becomes 0.016. When OOMA actually charges they charge 0.020. I lose 0.004 per every minute. it's 25 percent increase just by rounding up. It' not much money and it adds up. I lose 25 percent everytime I call to Canada. I believe they can only charge for what they advertise. I don't see any statement on the web site. they will round up and charge the calls.
#20278 by edex
Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:20 am
I sent a Magic Jack to my folks in the Philippines, so they get a U.S. number and I don't have to worry about any charges. So far, the audio quality is good.
#20280 by murphy
Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 am
No one includes taxes in their advertised price. Those are things that governments force them to collect. Vonage advertises $24.99 per month for service. It's actually more like $33 after all of the fees are added in.
#20283 by niknak
Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:45 am
Most calling cards also round up to the next whole minute or half minute