Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#19729 by hogdoc
Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:29 pm
I just had my number ported over and noticed that the number associated with the hub would ring the hub AND the scout. I asked tech support if the hub number can only ring the hub and they said no it rings both being the primary number on the account. Well, I had my primary and secondary numbers switched and bam, each line now only rings the hub or scout independently as I wanted. So why did this happen and is it some thing that will be a feature in the future so one can have truely 2 phone lines??
#19731 by niknak
Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm
it depends upon how you assign your devices in the lounge
#19800 by ggilman
Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:00 am
Yes, if you want different parts of the system (hub/scout) to ring separately to your 2 #s, you go to the lounge->preferences and click "assign a device". I have mine set up this way so that I have the hub dedicated to a fax machine and all scouts ring the primary house line.

As for why yours started working that way, is it possible that when you swapped the phone #s with customer support & explained the situation, they did this assignment for you?
#19885 by jstjohnz
Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:54 am
hogdoc wrote:I just had my number ported over and noticed that the number associated with the hub would ring the hub AND the scout. I asked tech support if the hub number can only ring the hub and they said no it rings both being the primary number on the account. Well, I had my primary and secondary numbers switched and bam, each line now only rings the hub or scout independently as I wanted. So why did this happen and is it some thing that will be a feature in the future so one can have truely 2 phone lines??

I had the same situation, and another problem, calls to 2nd# went straight to VM. I called tech support and was told that the primary number always rings all devices. Her suggestion was to buy a 3rd line to assign only to the hub. I said thanks but no thanks and went to re-discover this thread.

Just now I reset both the hub and scout and everything is working as it should.
#19901 by hogdoc
Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:53 pm
So, it is true that the official word from Ooma tech support is that the hub number will always ring the hub and scout but I see others that are able to make the primary hub # ONLY ring the hub. Mine works with my primary # only ringing the hub so I am not going to mess with it. Just curious why Ooma is saying that a feature is not possible but it really is!