Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#18952 by mkeman
Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:07 am
I don't know what happens but after my number got ported, the multi-ring feature just stopped working. I called the tech support 4 times since 2 weeks ago, they tried to diagnose the problem but none of them works. They even elevated the problem to tech 3 personnel, but I've never heard anything from them. I relied on this feature when I am on the road with Vonage, now since switching to Ooma I miss a lot of calls.
So frustrated!!!
#18954 by WayneDsr
Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:29 am
For starters you need to be a Premier customer for multi-ring to work.
Did your free Premier term expire?

If you have Premier service, go to the lounge and uncheck call forwarding. Save. Log out of the lounge.
Log back in and go back to call forwarding. Check the enable box and make sure multi-ring is checked. I would re-type your phone number.
Save. Move to another screen and move back and make sure multi-ring is still enabled.

Reboot your ooma hub.
Pull the power plug out. Wait a few minutes.
Hold the ooma blue/red tab downward. (yes it is a switch)
Plug the power back in and keep holding the tab downward for 30 seconds while ooma displays a light show.
Release after 30 seconds. This will reset ooma for factory defaults.

Hopefully this will fix it.

Wayne
#18958 by mkeman
Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 am
Thanks for your suggestion. I've tried all of that, and some of them I've done during the diagnostic with the tech support, but it's still NOT working.

I am a premier member (have already paid for the whole year).
#18960 by WayneDsr
Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 am
Have you tried a different phone to multi-ring to?

Have you tried changing from multi-ring to "call forward all"?

The only issue I know of is when one ooma user calls another ooma user.
Multi-ring doesn't work in this case.

Wayne
#18963 by mkeman
Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:33 am
Have you tried a different phone to multi-ring to?

I will try this one tonight, but I doubt it will work.

Have you tried changing from multi-ring to "call forward all"?

Did this already.

The only issue I know of is when one ooma user calls another ooma user.
Multi-ring doesn't work in this case.

I had many land line calls in the past couple weeks.

It's the problem from their end. One tech guy told me he did not see the multi-ring worked from their log when performing diagnostics.
#18976 by paulwi
Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:28 am
I should have chimed in here rather than initiating a new post but I am in the same boat. Multi-ring worked well from the 1st time I set multi-ring up until on or about 8-11, it just quit working. 4 tech calls and each one ending with a promise has done nothing to remedy the outage.
#18983 by WayneDsr
Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:50 am
FYI:
There has been an update to the hubs over night. I have no idea what the update consisted of, but just in case, I would try multi-ring today.

Wayne
#19019 by paulwi
Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:26 pm
Whatever the update did, WayneDsr, it had no effect on multi-ring for me. I have tried nearly everything on my end to fix it. It's up to Ooma to announce some resolution. As of 2pm CDT today, I got a phone call from someone at Ooma in response to my 4th inquiry but he left me a phone number that neither rings nor is answered. He gave me 650-566-6652 which is worthless. So it continues.....
#19023 by southsound
Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:47 pm
paulwi wrote:Whatever the update did, WayneDsr, it had no effect on multi-ring for me. I have tried nearly everything on my end to fix it. It's up to Ooma to announce some resolution. As of 2pm CDT today, I got a phone call from someone at Ooma in response to my 4th inquiry but he left me a phone number that neither rings nor is answered. He gave me 650-566-6652 which is worthless. So it continues.....

That number should be a good one. I've used it myself and the senior tech to whom it belongs is one of ooma's best. I'd suggest trying it again until you get through.

Edit - I just checked it and got his voicemail. It is a working number.