Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#18541 by penelope2910
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:56 am
I went to use ooma today and it is not working. No dialtone, red blinking light, and 1 and 2 are lit up. My internet is working fine. I tried to plug-unplug and reset modem connection, did not work. Please help,
Thanks.
#18542 by dtalwar
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:59 am
Need more information ... what is your setup? Modem -> Router -> Ooma or Modem -> Ooma -> Router? Did the Hub work before and it is not working today, or did it never work? If this is the first time you're using the Hub, did you activate it? Did you ask it to be integrated with your landline? Did you get a new number from Ooma?
#18545 by penelope2910
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 am
dtalwar wrote:Need more information ... what is your setup? Modem -> Router -> Ooma or Modem -> Ooma -> Router? Did the Hub work before and it is not working today, or did it never work? If this is the first time you're using the Hub, did you activate it? Did you ask it to be integrated with your landline? Did you get a new number from Ooma?

Yes, it has been working fine for about two weeks. I got the phone number from ooma. My internet is working fine. First just the tab was blinking. Then, I pulled power plug, and plugged in again which resulted with blinking red tab and solid 1 and 2 buttons. Modem port is connected to airport extreme. Phone port is connected to cordless phone. It is not integrated with my landline.
Thanks.
#18546 by WayneDsr
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:23 am
And are you in the process of porting your landline number?

For a possible quick fix power cycle everything in order.
Turn off everything.

Turn on your modem and wait for it to connect.
If ooma is next in line turn on ooma hub.
If the router is next turn on the router.

If you have the hub AFTER the router, plugged in like a pc would turn on the router first, then the ooma hub.

When you powercycle ooma, plug the power cord in while holding down the blue/red ooma tab. Hold the tab down for 30 seconds and ooma will display a light show. Release the tab after 30 seconds. This will reset ooma to default.

If this doesn't work, make sure you provide us with the information dtalwar is requesting.

Wayne

EDIT I posted after your post so I see you provided him with your details.
I'd reset everything.
#18552 by penelope2910
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 am
Thank you. It works now. I just hope I don't have to do this too often. It took over a minute to fully reset, but I am glad that it works now.

Thank you again for your quick responses.
#18553 by WayneDsr
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:53 am
I don't think I ever had the issue myself, but sometimes a glitch happens with your isp. Just one of those things, I'm sure it won't be an ongoing issue and if it happens again, come back to the forum and we'll all try to help you iron it out.

Wayne
#18590 by oomg
Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:46 pm
WayneDsr wrote:I don't think I ever had the issue myself, but sometimes a glitch happens with your isp. Just one of those things, I'm sure it won't be an ongoing issue and if it happens again, come back to the forum and we'll all try to help you iron it out.

Wayne

Wayne:

I was just about ready to contact you yesterday. As you know, my ooma system has worked flawlessly for more than six months. A couple evenings back, it started acting up. New message light was blinking on the Hub... attempts to retrieve it were unsuccessful. Could not make or receive a call even though I had dial tone. As of yesterday, the system would accept messages from other systems, but would not know of them as neither Hub nor Scout would flaxh. However, they did appear in the lounge.

After contacting tech, I was told that the problem was likely due to a firewall in the integrated modem/router. This didn't make much sense to me as the system has remained unchanged during the past six months. Then the CSR recommended switching the outgoing ports between the several devices. That seemed to solve the problem, but then, my computer would not function. Second switch left other computers nonfunctioning despite confirming high speed connection. So, I switched the "bad" port between family computers and my T-Mobile @home system modem. Solved the computer problem, but it took quite a while for the T-Mobile lines to reboot.

Everything seems to be back to normal. Any thoughts?

One other thing. Don't know if you have encountered this situation, but starting a couple weeks back, the light on my #2 line started lighting continuously (unless I turn down the brightness). Any ideas on the cause of this one? Thanks in advance.