Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16507 by thbjr
Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:42 pm
I got the email from OOMA today, telling me my OOMA lounge user name was changed...to my 'ported' number. I phoned my cell from my OOMA phone and the CID came up with the OOMA number, not the ported one. So I called tech support to see if I could shut off my old phone provider and why the CID was wrong. I was told it takes 5-10 days for the CID to catch up to the new number. I was also told that my OOMA account was now active with the new number, they couldn't pull up my account with the old OOMA number, and that OOMA's porting of the number would close my old account with my old carrier. Well that sounds great.
Problem 1, caller ID on my cell phone still shows the old OOMA number when called from my home phone. If it takes 5-10 days... why did the OOMA number come up correctly on CID with in seconds of activating the hub?
Problem 2, I can use either number to log into the lounge (I guess that's a problem).
Problem 3, when I pick up the phone connected to my old cable phone modem, it still has a dial tone and I can still place calls with it... like to my original OOMA number.
What's going on guys? It looks like OOMA tech support is waining again, so I'm coming to the source of all answers, the forum, ;~)
Tom
#16517 by niknak
Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:35 pm
did you reboot the hub after the port?

as far as calls on the old equipment, that is the old telco's problem, not ooma's

caller id info can take a week or more to propagate around the databases in use
#16520 by murphy
Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:23 pm
My old Vonage service worked to place outgoing calls for four days after the port to ooma was complete.
#16532 by thbjr
Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm
niknak wrote:did you reboot the hub after the port?

I was out for about an hour. then I saw I had a VM message in my email, but the hub wasn't blinking. I did a power off reboot, but still no blinking, so I did the full/hard reboot with the OOMA tab depressed. That did it. VM started blinking AND my outbound calls are showing the ported number in CID.
Now why didn't CS tell me to do that?

Like I said, I should have just started here. ;~)
Thanks for the help!!!!!
Tom