Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16190 by jp28md
Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:01 am
I've got my ooma Hub up and running great. But I had to turn OFF my firewall setting on my Verzion dry-loop Westell 327 intergrated modem.

My set-up is: version dsl modem(wired & wireless) -> ooma hub.

Want to turn my Firewall back on in my dsl modem to the highest settings, and access setup.ooma.com from my iMac that is on the wireless network.
#16199 by jp28md
Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:40 am
I will try that, putting the ooma hub IP into the modem's Static NAT.
How do I keep the ooma hub to stay the same IP all the time, even if it gets rebooted?
#16267 by DougInAZ
Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:12 pm
I had a ton of trouble getting ooma to operate behind the firewall in my Motorola cable modem. If you don't have all the required ports open, then ooma may work, but not correctly.

If you want to configure your firewall so ooma works, there should be a very recent update to the FAQ about service ports required for ooma to operate behind a firewall. If you can't find one dated later than mid-July, then search for my posting about the Motorola SBG 900 modem. The correct firewall ports, or at least what ooma Eng. thought was sufficient at the time, are listed there.
Doug
#16274 by jp28md
Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 pm
I've given up on setting Firewall to Highest setting and trying port forwarding.
the westell versalink does NOT make is easy and should be in english!

Still need to get to setup.ooma.com via my wireless iMac.

..... or maybe i should just leave it well enough alone .......
#16276 by jm9496
Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:51 pm
I got a westel modem from ATT and had the problem that the modem did not pass IPSEC traffic. This is probably the root of the problem you had. I never did figure out how to get it to work, so I just had my router (running tomato) do the PPPoE instead of the modem.