Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#16139 by Groundhound
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:07 pm
mthomtech wrote:The router is seeing Ooma OK ... The IP assigned is 192.168.1.9 and shows active. I'll take a look at the hub setup screen next.

Did you try putting that IP into the router's DMZ?
#16141 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:08 pm
Hi Wayne,

The network page does show automatic. The modem mac address was set to "automatic" which was the same mac address as listed as "built in" but I changed it to built in anyway.

The status screen shows the IP that my router assigned (which is the same as indicated on the router) ... 192.168.1.9

The advanced screen shows as you indicated. I added the DMZ address as I didn't have that set.

Then I power cycles the hub ... but the home page still says it is registering.

It sounds like it's got to be an issue on the ooma side trying to register.
#16142 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:09 pm
Groundhound wrote:
mthomtech wrote:The router is seeing Ooma OK ... The IP assigned is 192.168.1.9 and shows active. I'll take a look at the hub setup screen next.

I have not ... what should that do? I'll try it next?
#16143 by Bobby B
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 pm
mthomtech: It looks the registration server is getting your request but is not passing your account settings to the Hub. I've asked one of our team members to take a look. I'll send you an update as soon as I hear back (hopefully tonight).

mthomtech wrote:As I suspected, when I go onto the hub setup screen, it shows that the internet is connected, but the Ooma Core says "Registering, please wait"
#16145 by Groundhound
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 pm
mthomtech wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

I have not ... what should that do? I'll try it next?

In case your router is blocking ports that need to be passed to the hub.
#16146 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 pm
Bobby B wrote:It looks the registration server is getting your request but is not passing your account settings to the Hub. I've asked one of our team members to take a look. I'll send you an update as soon as I hear back (hopefully tonight).

mthomtech wrote:As I suspected, when I go onto the hub setup screen, it shows that the internet is connected, but the Ooma Core says "Registering, please wait"

Hey Bobby,

I certainly didn't expect to see you on here. You work entirely too hard!

Thanks for checking on it for me. Let me know if you need my ticket reference number from tech support from earlier tonight.

Thanks!
#16149 by mthomtech
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:23 pm
WayneDsr wrote:You did say that ooma WAS working right?
Then you bought a new modem/router?

Wayne

Hey Wayne,

Titanium was the one that got the new modem. I just power cycled my modem when changing the power adapter. The wierd thing was that it happened at about the same time as Titaniums issue ... which made me think it may be something with the registration process.

I know Bobby will take care of us.

The nice thing with ooma is ... even when something like this happens, I can get my messages ... even on my ipod/iphone.