TECH SUPPORT EMAIL - NO ANSWER; PHILLIPINES - NO CLUE HELP!!

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
WayneDsr

Re: TECH SUPPORT EMAIL - NO ANSWER; PHILLIPINES - NO CLUE HELP!!

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Good call Southsound, I thought of this as soon as I read that the pc was shutdown for some time. I'd check that first.

Wayne

tommies

Post by tommies » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:27 pm

If this is the case then there is solution for it. Just go to setup.ooma.com (172.27.35.1) and then 'Network' page, and change ooma to use its build in MAC address for it MODEM port.

It worth a try though.

When I moved ooma from before the router to behind the router, my pc was completely cut off from my LAN. From there I found out that ooma spoofing my pc MAC address for it own use--in it default setting.

However both before and after, my pc is off most of the time, only on for a few hours each day, and it has no bearing on my ooma hub.
tommies

TITANIUM

Post by TITANIUM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Reset network parameters, it does not work. Note that when I had the PC disconnected from all, the Ooma hub failed as when I called the phone it would not ring. Also, when I now connect the modem directly to the PC (DSL dry loop) there is no internet. Reset LAN, no internet. This is a new occurence. However, when I route modem to Ooma, and then to PC, we have internet. I know this is simple to solve. But I'm losing it trying to figure what the conflict is somewhere, somehow.

niknak

Post by niknak » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Are you sure all your cables are good and making good connections?

TITANIUM

Post by TITANIUM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:43 pm

All cables are fine. Checked and double checked. I know the solution is easy, but throw me a little bone.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm

TITANIUM wrote:All cables are fine. Checked and double checked. I know the solution is easy, but throw me a little bone.

TITANIUM

Post by TITANIUM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Not after the smallest bone, but an idea that will resolve this #%%@^&! nightmare. If I have to get ont he phone again to tech support in the Phillipines, I am going to order a new hub and a wife.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:06 pm

Maybe I missed it, but did you try connecting the Ooma Hub directly to the Internet, nothing else at all, do a hard reset, and did the Hub still not work with nothing else at all involved other than modem and hub?

If you tried this test and it still didn't work, there isn't anything we can do to help you resolve this because that is the simplest configuration possible.

Scott

TITANIUM

Post by TITANIUM » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Connecting directly to the modem and Oooma still is blood red and blinking. So that's it, I am s.o.l. unless I talk to tech support for the magic cure.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 am

Could you try the Hub at a friend's home that uses another ISP? That's about the last test I can think of without Tech Support involvement.

Scott