Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#15528 by TITANIUM
Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:56 pm
Was one of the first with the Ooom. Worked fine for years until last week. Blinking red ooma tab and the line 1 & line 2 buttons are lit and no dial tone. Have a dry loop DSL connection (no landline). Configured from modem to Ooma to router. Tried going from modem to router to ooma. Tested all cables. Tested the modem. Hard reboot of Ooma by holding tab. Internet is fine. Ooma just won't give me the dial tone. Hit it, kicked, it, prayed for it to work. Nada.
#15529 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 pm
Tech support isn't very responsive to emails. It is best for you to call them directly. I know that won't be easy due to time zone differences.

What does your Lounge configuration tell you? Any changes there that could be relevant? Do you have it configured for an integrated landline or stand alone? Can you still access your Lounge?

It sounds like you've checked nearly everything you can from your end. Can you verify (somehow) that you have routing to the Ooma servers? Maybe your ISP is blocking something they weren't previously?

Scott
#15537 by Groundhound
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:25 pm
TITANIUM wrote:Was one of the first with the Ooom. Worked fine for years until last week. Blinking red ooma tab and the line 1 & line 2 buttons are lit and no dial tone. Have a dry loop DSL connection (no landline). Configured from modem to Ooma to router. Tried going from modem to router to ooma. Tested all cables. Tested the modem. Hard reboot of Ooma by holding tab. Internet is fine. Ooma just won't give me the dial tone. Hit it, kicked, it, prayed for it to work. Nada.

Line 1 & 2 buttons lit means the hub can't register with the Ooma network. Perhaps tech support can re-provision your hub?
#15538 by TITANIUM
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:36 pm
Can't be Verizon internet. This ISP is kosher and I can access anything under the sun so no way is there blockage. I did, however, have my PC disconnected from the hub for several days...not sure this could cause the problem. On the setup page, it just says it is looking for the phone line (and yes, it's all plugged in and worked before). Has to be something simple that I am overlooking. But it's making me nuts.
#15540 by scottlindner
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm
TITANIUM wrote:Can't be Verizon internet. This ISP is kosher and I can access anything under the sun so no way is there blockage. I did, however, have my PC disconnected from the hub for several days...not sure this could cause the problem. On the setup page, it just says it is looking for the phone line (and yes, it's all plugged in and worked before). Has to be something simple that I am overlooking. But it's making me nuts.

Although I doubt they are blocking it, ISPs are known to scan traffic type and selectively block. You wouldn't know an ISP blocked based upon web browsing and downloading. Remember the Comcast blow up over Bit Torrents?

It is most likely a moot issue, but with so little left check into, thinking about routing problems, intentional or not, would be my next thing to check into.

However, Groundhound seems to have better advice to contact tech support to have them re-provision your hub.

Scott
#15542 by southsound
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:53 pm
TITANIUM wrote: I did, however, have my PC disconnected from the hub for several days...not sure this could cause the problem. Has to be something simple that I am overlooking. But it's making me nuts.

Is there a possiblity that ooma and the PC are trying to use the same IP address? I had this happen to me with a network MP3 player some time back and nearly drove me nuts. Problem went away when I reset both units to use DHCP. Somehow the MP3 player had been set to a static IP that had already been assigned to a PC.