Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#14877 by Diggs
Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:36 pm
Hello all,

Just hooked up my ooma and have made a few calls and received a few calls. So far, I am impressed. I did have one call where I could hear myself echo, but other than that, it is cleaner sounding than my land line per the people on the other end!!

I do have one concern. None of the lights on the ooma are illuminated. Not even the ooma tab, which I understand needs to be blue in order to be working. Well, I am getting phone calls and can place phone calls and I have internet service still. The ooma device is between my modem from the cable company and my router. Also, when I first plugged the ooma hub into the power outlet, all lights illuminated red. After a while, they all just went out.

Any thoughts on the lack of the blue tab light? I haven't tried any of the other buttons, I really don't plan on using them or the scout. I will use the voicemail on my cordless phone system since my father is not techy and can't login to the dashboard to do vmails and is intimidated by the new hub :)

Thanks for any input.

Diggs
#14878 by just4fn
Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:42 pm
I finally beat Wayne!!! Make sure the dial on the right side is turned all the way up. the one on the left side is for the volume. Oh and welcome to ooma!!!
#14882 by Diggs
Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:03 pm
Now that might have been the easiest fix in history!!

Thanks for the input!

Diggs