Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#14340 by cardnal127
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:25 am
my situation; 2 phone #s. Main # (used with landline svc Verizon)
2nd # ported to Premier svc.
I assigned my scout to 2nd #. All calls to 2nd # go directly to voicemail,scout doesnt ring. I called cust.suport and was told porting process may not be completed,try again tomorrow and power down/up scout.
Well, its "tomorrow" and I power cycled scout but calls still go directly to voicemail scout dosent ring.
Any idea how to correct this problem?
Thanks

PS: how do I record out going voicemail message for line #2 ?
#14342 by murphy
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:00 am
Is the envelope light on the scout red? If it is, push and hold until it goes out. Make sure the brightness knob on the right side of the scout is turned up.
Take the phone connected to the scout off hook and push the scout's play button.
#14359 by StigMX5
Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am
I'm not sure how long you are unplugging the hub and scout for. See http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1819&p=14355#p14355, but the suggestion from Greg in that posting of leaving the hub unplugged for over 60 seconds solved the direct to voicemail issue for me.

Now mine was a port and the main line going directly to voicemail, but I was told by support to wait a day, yet short power cycles didn't solve the problem either. As soon as I unplugged for 60 seconds, calls rang through.