Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#13117 by dastagg
Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:48 am
I am in Thailand and my wife is telling me that my new (only had ported number and system 2 weeks) system quit working. The Ooma scout shows to be glowing blue on the scout but my cordless phone will not ring and after what should be ringing 4 times goes to voice mail just fine. The phone said it is not connecting to the base. Told wife to go buy a new phone, and she hooked it up same as she took off and same thing occurs with new phone. Since I cannot look at system and she know absolutely nothing about how things work, anything with Ooma that would be causing this problem? Since the light is blue I would have figured it was fine, but even with new phone, I suspect the Ooma now.
#13119 by bw1
Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 am
2 things to try -

1. connect phone to hub instead of scout.
2. a corded phone.
#13122 by Groundhound
Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:22 am
dastagg wrote:The phone said it is not connecting to the base. Told wife to go buy a new phone, and she hooked it up same as she took off and same thing occurs with new phone.

The phone's ability to connect with its base does not sound like an ooma issue, I agree with bw1 - try a corded phone.