Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11747 by andrewcpcx
Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:22 am
I have two lines with my Ooma. One is for the home and the other is for my wife's home based business. Is it possible for have a separate voicemail greeting for each line?

Also, is it possible for me to assign one number to one line and the other number to the other line? Right now, no matter which line I dial out on, it uses the same number. I see where I can change that in the online Ooma settings, but it appears that I can select one number or the other and that will always be used for outgoing calls.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
#11748 by Groundhound
Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:42 am
Go into the ooma lounge and assign the second number to a scout, then you can have a second VM account for that number.

You switch which line you are dialing out on by pressing **0 for line 1 and **1 for line 2.
#13826 by jacksonm30354
Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:10 pm
I have 2 lines assigned to my shared device. I created 2 new device entries - one for my Hub and one for my Scout. It will not allow me to assign the shared numbers to either the hub or scout.

What am I doing wrong?

This is what I get when trying to assign the 2nd number to the scout:

An error occured.Your Number could not be saved at this time

Error received from OSS Null/Empty Credentials Info Found. These Fields are Required.
(30451/160)
#13847 by bw1
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:49 pm
A couple of things to try:

Different browser
Reset the hub by unplugging, wait 30 seconds and plug back in while pressing down on the (blue/red) tab.
#13851 by murphy
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:50 am
You can't assign the master number to a Scout, it has to stay on the shared hub. Your second number can be assigned to a Scout. I have done that and it works fine.