Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#11639 by jscrow
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 am
Every morning for the past three days, when I pick up my phone handset, I've gotten no dial tone, yet the ooma lights are solid blue.

I tried calling from my cell and the ooma line does not ring yet I hear numerous rings on the cell before it goes to voicemail.

To resolve each time, I've had to re-power either the ooma hub or scout and then the line comes back to normal.

Anybody know what's going on? I don't want to have to reset the ooma box everyday!

Scott
#11641 by southsound
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 am
Sorry about your problems with having to reset the system. Have you called support at 888 711-6662? They can check their logs and might be able to determine the cause. I would not rely on email or the forum for contacting them. The phone is best.

For help from the rest of us, could you describe your setup? Are you running from DSL or cable? Is your hub before or after any routers in the system? The more information we (and of course, ooma) have, the more help we can be.
#11643 by jscrow
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:04 am
Cable Modem directly to the ooma hub then to the wireless router that feeds the computers.

The scout is in another part of the house and is connected to the hub though the house's line one. The scout is then plugged into line two that powers three phones through-out my house. (including a set of cordless phones). The only thing plugged directly into the hub is a fax machine by the computer (this line goes dead too with this problem).

Everything has worked perfect for the past 5 months. It's almost like one phone is off the hook, but if that was the case, the problem would reoccur sooner, not 24 hours later.

Also, I wonder why re-powering the scout fixes the problem, I would think I would have to re-power the hub.

If happens again, I'll call, thought maybe someone here has had the same problem and could tell me an easy fix.

Thanks
Scott
#11652 by WayneDsr
Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 am
Is there something calling out at night (like direct TV) and not hanging up the phone? Once in awhile my DTV does this. It makes it's call and for some reason doesn't send a signal to hang up. Check your phone log for any calls during the night.

Wayne