Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#121871 by JamesHN
Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:00 am
Hi. When using Telo as router to my computer and printer, Internet speed is dead slow. My service is Verizon 50/50. Through Telo, I get 17mbps down and .46 mbps up. That's right less than 1mbps uploads. When I run Telo off a switch connected directly to my Verizon modem/router, the speed is fantastic: 58 mbps down and 64 mbps up.
#121873 by murphy
Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 am
Set both QOS values in the Telo setup to 0 to disable QOS. Not running all of your traffic through the Telo is the best solution however.
#121876 by JamesHN
Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 am
Thank you! I will try that if phone sound quality in current setup seems unacceptable. But running Telo off switch instead of direct wire to Verizon modem/router, and *not* routing computer through Telo has this further advantage: It avoids cutting my computer off from the several wireless devices that connect to the Verizon wifi. Telo sets up a separate LAN and acts as a new DHCP server, so my computer can't connect anymore with my 3 Airport Express units, 2 range extenders, laptop and printer. Reprogramming those to connect with the Telo LAN would be a big pain, and running them all through Telo probably would not be such a great idea either. With Telo running off switch, everything is back on the same network.
#121964 by CHB
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:20 am
murphy wrote:Set both QOS values in the Telo setup to 0 to disable QOS. Not running all of your traffic through the Telo is the best solution however.

I have the same problem. Voice works fine but I have slow internet 10Kbs with Ooma and fast 33mbs if the router is connected directly to my PC. I have internet-Router-Ooma-Wireles Moden-hardline to PC connection format. Router is an old Scientific Atlantic DPC2100R2 series. Do I need to do something with the QOS??
#122386 by LarryR
Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:00 am
I installed my Ooma yesterday. I have Comcast cable with a Zoom modem and a wireless router with 4 ethernet connections. My computer uses a wireless connection. Before I installed the Ooma, I had download speeds of 20-30 mbs and upload speeds of 5-6 mbs. With my Ooma connected to the router via one of these ethernet connections, download speeds are 5-8 mbs and upload are 5-6 mbs. I then installed the Ooma between the modem and the router and download speed was 20 mbs, but upload was only 0.5 mbs. Any suggestions for getting back to connection speeds back to the way they were or close?
#122410 by LarryR
Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:07 pm
Thanks. My problem with setting the QOS was related to actually being able to get to http://172.27.35.1. It wasn't until I found this: http://dailybeagle.com/2009/09/how-to-configure-the-ooma-hub-to-work-behind-a-router/ that I was able to access setup and set QOS to 0. Now I have good speed up and down. Another thing I learned in setup that I could dim the LED light so it won't be so bright at night. Thanks again.