Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#10320 by kidd921
Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm
Since this afternoon, my Ooma device has been flashing and my phone doesn't work. Someone please help. All of the lights on my Ooma device are flashing.
#10322 by bw1
Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 pm
If the hub is not working correctly or connecting, the only light that should be flashing (red) would be the ooma tab, which normally glows blue. Some of the lights would be solid red if it's not working correctly.

Refer to the quick reference guide on page 20 of the user guide and the troubleshooting section on page 40.

Is your ooma hub configured to use a landline? If so, is there dialtone on the landline and is it plugged into the wall port of the ooma hub?

Are you able to connect to the internet (assuming you are since you posted here, unless you used another internet connection)?

You can try connecting to http://setup.ooma.com to see the status of the hub.

You may just need to reboot your modem, router and ooma hub by unplugging, wait 30 seconds and plug back in (one at a time starting with your modem).
#10339 by kidd921
Wed May 27, 2009 8:15 am
Thank you for the reply, but the problem is the hub. All of the lights are blinking in unison. And it is not just the red light on the ooma tab it is both the blue and the red. I am able to connect to the internet by connecting my cable modem directly to my router, not through the ooma hub.

I think that the hub is faulty...it has already been 1 day without phone service for me. I called tech support today, and they have to wait for engineering to get to me for a possible replacement. How many days will that be for me without phone service...
#10341 by WayneDsr
Wed May 27, 2009 8:20 am
Try resetting your hub.
Turn it off. Turn it back on while holding down the blue/red ooma tab. (yes it is a switch)
Hold it down for about 30 seconds while it plays a red lightshow and does it's thing.
Hub should be reset to factory after that.

Also, pull out the network cable from ooma to your modem. Reset both connections just in case one pulled out. You may want to try a new cat 5 cable between them.

Wayne
#10343 by kidd921
Wed May 27, 2009 8:33 am
Tried hard resetting, unplugging and plugging back in while holding down the tab. Still blinking like Christmas lights... Tried power cycling both modem and hub.... nothing. Even if I have all of the cables unhooked and just stick in the power to the hub, all th lights still blink...
#10344 by WayneDsr
Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 am
Oh, wow, and it isn't even Christmas yet.
I would call customer service asap and maybe they can help one way or another.
888-711-6662

Wayne
#10409 by niknak
Thu May 28, 2009 8:04 am
... even if I have all of the cables unhooked and just stick in the power to the hub, all th lights still blink...

If the hub was provisioned to use a landline, a telephone must be plugged in the hub