Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#109844 by Shawn
Tue May 14, 2013 6:52 am
I have an Uniden 5.8GHz cordless system. I use the answering machine of the base station to pickup unanswered calls. When I am on the phone, incoming calls would go to the Ooma voice mail. However, the Uniden phone has no indicator when there are messages in the Ooma system. Since I have the Ooma unit inside a cabinet, messages would not get noticed sometimes for days.
1) Recently I scheduled a service call with Comcast. They made confirmation calls about 5 or 6 times. They all went directly to the Ooma system. No one was at home during that time so the line could not have been busy. I checked the Uniden answering machine and it was working. Other than the calls from Comcast, I have not noticed calls would go directly to Ooma voice mail. I wonder what happened?
2) If I replace the current phone system with a DECT6 system, is the voice mail notification (from Ooma) one of the basic feature or I need to look for something in the spec? If the DECT6 base unit has an answering machine, would the display differentiate whether the voice mail is on the base unit or Ooma?
#109848 by lbmofo
Tue May 14, 2013 8:42 am
1) Perhaps your Ooma lost internet connectivity during the times when Comcast called or the number they were calling from is in the Community Blacklist or your Personal Blacklist if you got them enabled.

2) The voicemail waiting indicator feature (that works with Ooma VM, voicemail subscription with landline, and other phone services) would work with Ooma; this feature comes with most new phones. When you pick up your DECT 6.0 phone, this feature would be there most likely. The phones I've seen, the indicator for VM and local answering message is different (envelope shows up on handset vs tape reel for example).
#109853 by 2spirit
Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 am
1) Recently I scheduled a service call with Comcast. They made confirmation calls about 5 or 6 times. They all went directly to the Ooma system. No one was at home during that time so the line could not have been busy. I checked the Uniden answering machine and it was working. Other than the calls from Comcast, I have not noticed calls would go directly to Ooma voice mail. I wonder what happened?

I recently had a similar experience. Comcast said they had called several times, but my phone never rang. This leads me to believe that their number is on the Community Blacklist. Though this begs the question, unless this Customer Service number is also being used for telemarketing, why would lots of Ooma users want to blacklist this number?
#109854 by Shawn
Tue May 14, 2013 10:10 am
I only have the basic Ooma service therefore I have no personal blacklist. Not sure the community blacklist would affect me ?
#109869 by lbmofo
Tue May 14, 2013 6:20 pm
Shawn wrote:I only have the basic Ooma service therefore I have no personal blacklist. Not sure the community blacklist would affect me ?

Shouldn't impact your account unless you had community blacklist enabled during your Premier trial and then the flag is stuck still.