Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#106970 by oobls
Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 pm
Hello,

This might be "out there" but I can't seem to find it. I have an Ooma Telo and it worked fine when connected via a wire to my Router (That's a Pace 4111n). Today I received a Wireless Adapter and every so often the unit turns red and flashes. During that time I have no dial tone. Then it settles down back to blue.

Any thoughts about Wireless in general? Is it fussy? Does it not work well? Maybe there's something I need to do to keep the unit connected?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
#106988 by thunderbird
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:26 pm
It seems that the Modem/Router that you are using is reported to put out a weaker Wi-Fi signal. The Modem/Router wired Network signal is reported to be normal.

You might try replacing the Modem/Router (especially if you are renting it), with a better Modem/Router.

Or add an additional Router that has stronger Wi-Fi signal, behind the Modem/Router, and turn off the Wi-Fi signal put out by the Modem/Router, and only use the Wi-Fi signal produced by the additional Router.
#107008 by oobls
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:09 am
Thanks for the replies.

This is one of those situations where the device works fine in one setup and is very intermittent with another, in this case using the WiFi adapter.

And since it is my telephone, I have to have consistent operation.

Anyway, since it works wired, I believe it will stay wired.

Again thank you!