Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#106941 by Bob201
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 pm
Can I talk on two lines at once? I have one telo and one Linx.

Before converting to Ooma, I had 2- two line phones (the equipment) and two different phone numbers from AT&T.

Can I split the two Ooma numbers so that each of the two buttons on my current phone equipment work witjh one Ooma number/line on each?

And can I do it on both two line phones? So that I can pick up either number on either phone?
#106942 by murphy
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Yes.
Configure the Linx as a personal device.
Then assign your second number to it.
Connect the Phone port of the Telo to line 1.
Connect the Phone port of the Linx to line 2.
#106943 by lbmofo
Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm
As murphy says. If "both phones" means 2 base phone systems needing dialtone fed to them then you'd need to use house wiring to feed the Telo "phone" port to line 1 of your house wiring and Linx to line 2 of your house wiring. Make sure your house wiring is disconnected from the telephone company at the NID before you attemp feeding Ooma dialtone to your walljack.
#107361 by Bob201
Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:22 am
I have Ooma premier. When you mentioned that the house wiring must be disconnected from the telephone service, it reminded me that I am currently using ATT Uverse for my internet, so I will have something connected to the home wiring. Do I need to change that to cable or something else before I can use the two lines separately?
#107682 by oomg
Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:45 am
Bob201 wrote:I have Ooma premier. When you mentioned that the house wiring must be disconnected from the telephone service, it reminded me that I am currently using ATT Uverse for my internet, so I will have something connected to the home wiring. Do I need to change that to cable or something else before I can use the two lines separately?

Think two line cordless system. Don't know if they make one for two lines, but AT&T makes one for four lines... called the SynJ system. One base station, and up to 10 satellite stations using either a cordless deskset or cordless handset. See:
http://telephones.att.com/att/index.cfm ... uctID=1822

I saw these on sale at Costco recently for $250 (base station) and $100 for each cordless deskset (or $70 for each handset).

Otherwise, you may be able to set up the system with multiple Linx devices, thereby avoiding wiring them together. I would need to think about this one for a bit. Perhaps some of the experts can weigh in on this one.
#107785 by billbo56
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 am
New to Ooma. I have the telo and linx. Do I have to buy two phones or can I buy one phone with two lines? Thanks for any suggestions.
#107786 by thunderbird
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:21 am
billbo56 wrote:New to Ooma. I have the telo and linx. Do I have to buy two phones or can I buy one phone with two lines? Thanks for any suggestions.

You could do either. But I'd use two or more separate phones.

I use four cordless Ooma HD2 handsets.

I also have four cordless Panasonic DECT 6 phones connected to the Ooma Telo Linx phone port.

I also use a corded phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port.

All work very well.
#107844 by oomg
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:31 pm
billbo56 wrote:Thanks Thundbird. I'll follow your suggestion.

I believe you may have a less expensive alternative. I think you can use two separate cordless systems. Connect one cordless base station to the Telo and the second cordless base station to the Linx. If it works like the older Scout (and depending on how you have the Linx configured), you can engage in two calls on the same number at the same time.