Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104377 by erik777
Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:58 am
One number I was trying to call would ring twice and then give a busy signal. This is a work number. Our phones never give a busy signal. You'd go to voice mail if the person didn't pick up. I can all it from other phones no problem. I can also call other numbers with same area code without a problem. I had to use the person's cell # to contact her, even though it had the same area code, and I dialed it the same way (10 digit).

It gave a busy signal whether or not I dialed a 1 first.

I believe this is OOMA simply failing to be able to connect. So, why can't it connect to a number that I have never had trouble calling from any other phone for the past 6 years? Is there a way to submit phone numbers OOMA cannot call for support review?
#104378 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 am
erik777 wrote:One number I was trying to call would ring twice and then give a busy signal. This is a work number. Our phones never give a busy signal. You'd go to voice mail if the person didn't pick up. I can all it from other phones no problem. I can also call other numbers with same area code without a problem. I had to use the person's cell # to contact her, even though it had the same area code, and I dialed it the same way (10 digit).

It gave a busy signal whether or not I dialed a 1 first.

I believe this is OOMA simply failing to be able to connect. So, why can't it connect to a number that I have never had trouble calling from any other phone for the past 6 years? Is there a way to submit phone numbers OOMA cannot call for support review?

Do you have ten digit calling enabled in My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system ?

Have you tried calling the complete number? Example: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

Something else to look at: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/problem ... ouch-tones

If all else fails, contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Something else to look at: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/problem ... ouch-tones
Last edited by thunderbird on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
#104379 by mike_b
Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:19 am
This can happen when the call goes through an intermediate carrier that has incorrect routing information for the number you are trying to call. Ooma can change the routing for the number that rings and then gives a busy signal. You will need to call Ooma support.
#104401 by erik777
Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:11 pm
I have 10 digit enabled. It failed with both 1+10 digit and just 10 digit. But, hours later, it worked. It sounded like it was about to switch over and give a busy signal, but the recipient answered just in time. So, that may of worked just because they answered within 2 rings. I'll notify customer service if this is an ongoing problem. Thanks for the info.
#104406 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 pm
erik777 wrote:I have 10 digit enabled. It failed with both 1+10 digit and just 10 digit. But, hours later, it worked. It sounded like it was about to switch over and give a busy signal, but the recipient answered just in time. So, that may of worked just because they answered within 2 rings. I'll notify customer service if this is an ongoing problem. Thanks for the info.

Sometimes even if the busy signal is heard, in the past if you just stayed on the line a few seconds longer, someone would answer. Then after that the outbound call would work normally. I don't know if that's true now?