Taking my OOMA to Mexico

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
dlockesf

Taking my OOMA to Mexico

Post by dlockesf » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am

I plan to be in Mexico for a couple of months. I've been told that if I have a good Internet connection and a US telephone set I can take the OOMA with me and use it there as if it was a US number. Has anyone done that here? Any problems?

thunderbird

Re: Taking my OOMA to Mexico

Post by thunderbird » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:25 am

Not in Mexico, but in other countries and it worked as you described (worked great).

dlockesf

Post by dlockesf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks, T-bird. Just to be sure, it means if someone calls my US number it will ring in Mexico (or wherever), right?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 am

dlockesf wrote:Thanks, T-bird. Just to be sure, it means if someone calls my US number it will ring in Mexico (or wherever), right?
Yes, just like if you were setting in your living room at home.

herbray

Post by herbray » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 am

thunderbird - -
thunderbird wrote:Not in Mexico, but in other countries and it worked as you described (worked great).
Why not in Mexico? Is there a problem with traffic on Ooma's ports? Is Ooma blocking traffic originating from Mexican IP addresses?

- - Herb

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 am

herbray wrote:thunderbird - -
thunderbird wrote:Not in Mexico, but in other countries and it worked as you described (worked great).
Why not in Mexico? Is there a problem with traffic on Ooma's ports? Is Ooma blocking traffic originating from Mexican IP addresses?

- - Herb
Not in Mexico - meaning that I never tried the Ooma Telo in Mexico.