Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#104333 by dlockesf
Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:44 am
I plan to be in Mexico for a couple of months. I've been told that if I have a good Internet connection and a US telephone set I can take the OOMA with me and use it there as if it was a US number. Has anyone done that here? Any problems?
#104460 by dlockesf
Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:26 pm
Thanks, T-bird. Just to be sure, it means if someone calls my US number it will ring in Mexico (or wherever), right?
#104462 by thunderbird
Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:10 am
dlockesf wrote:Thanks, T-bird. Just to be sure, it means if someone calls my US number it will ring in Mexico (or wherever), right?

Yes, just like if you were setting in your living room at home.
#106350 by herbray
Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:35 am
thunderbird - -

thunderbird wrote:Not in Mexico, but in other countries and it worked as you described (worked great).

Why not in Mexico? Is there a problem with traffic on Ooma's ports? Is Ooma blocking traffic originating from Mexican IP addresses?

- - Herb
#106351 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 am
herbray wrote:thunderbird - -

thunderbird wrote:Not in Mexico, but in other countries and it worked as you described (worked great).

Why not in Mexico? Is there a problem with traffic on Ooma's ports? Is Ooma blocking traffic originating from Mexican IP addresses?

- - Herb

Not in Mexico - meaning that I never tried the Ooma Telo in Mexico.