Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103934 by popwireless
Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 am
I received a "message" from Ooma Support. The phone never rang, so I assume if they didn't want to actually speak with me. I was right. A recorded message. So I thought I would call them back as suggested. The call center is another country. Knew right away that speaking with someone that has no vested interest in and no connection with the company other than a contract couldn't would't help me. I was right again.

Ooma I love my new telephone system but off-shore phone support is a huge negative.
#103965 by lbmofo
Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:15 pm
You are probably not alone in your perception (internet search leads to tons of results).
However, I think Ooma reps do try to help. As with any customer service, there is always room for improvement.
Have you thought about the cost of running these call centers? Ooma may not have a choice than to go with offshore; after all, Ooma doesn't receive 100s of dollars every month from every subscriber. Even the companies that do, go with offshore; example, Dish.