Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103849 by luci5r
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 am
Hi,

I've been using my Ooma Telo with my original Ooma Handset for about 2 & a half years now. I just purchased the new HD2 Handset and the Bluetooth Adapter available on Ooma.Com. I had also purchased the Plantronics Voyager Legend bluetooth headset.

All 3 things are functioning perfectly. Remarkably, the plantronics headset paired with the Ooma bluetooth adapter instantly and I was able to get crystal clear audio & call quality using it. I'm able to make a call on my HD2 Handset using the *15 before the number to use my Bluetooth headset for the call. I'm also able answer all incoming calls on my bluetooth headset.

The only one thing I'm unable to figure out is how to transfer a current call from the HD2 handset to my bluetooth headset. According to the instructions (User Guide), you have to press the Recycle-Shaped button to do so --- however --- that button is on my old Ooma HD Handset; the new Ooma HD2 Handset does not have that button at all.

Does anyone know how I can transfer an active call from the HD2 to my bluetooth?

Thanks!!
#103855 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 am
That button is the "Intercom" button on the old HD1 handset.

You can access the same function from HD2's main MENU and the intercom icon (two handsets with dotted line). Have you tried that?

HD1 Quick Start Guide: https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... 9-spec.pdf

HD2 Quick Start Guide: https://www.ooma.com/sites/default/files ... -08-03.pdf
#103856 by luci5r
Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am
Hi!

Thanks for responding. When I went into Intercom (using the 2 Handsets Icon), I did indeed have the Plantronics Legend listed as an option - and switching to it I was able to switch audio to my Bluetooth Headset, however, this was only when the phone was NOT in a call. If I'm on an active call on the HD2 Handset, I don't get the Intercom icon or option. If you click MENU while you're on an active call on the HD2, you get a different menu -- choices like mute mic, switch to speakerphone, etc. You don't get the same MENU that you get if you're NOT on a call. So I'm still not able to transfer an active/current call from HD2 --> Bluetooth Headset.

With HD1, there is an actual button on the handset, not a menu option. So even if you're on a current/active call, you can push that button and switch to Bluetooth Headset. With HD2, you don't have the button anymore -- but an in-phone menu item, which is not available during an active call. So how do you do this with HD2?

Thanks.
#103868 by Tom
Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:46 pm
Yes, on HD2 the only way currently to do a handoff of an existing call to a bluetooth headset (the call can either
be on the phone port or on the handset) is to press talk, so you get dialtone on line 2, and then dial *05.

However as the post referenced above reports handoff is broken in release 63430. Our apologies for that.
This is a high priority bug.
#103871 by luci5r
Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:50 pm
lbmofo/Tom,

Thank you very much for your responses! That works!! The *05 did the trick. I had no idea about this and it didn't seem to be very apparent either - however, that resolves my problem.

I have to say that I'm a little surprised; the feature seemed to be slightly more easier to accomplish in the HD1. One would think the newer model would have the same consistency of ease, if not better. Either way, it works, so I can't complain.

Thanks!!
#125216 by jqt51
Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:49 am
Re: How to transfer call from HD2 to Bluetooth Headset?

Can we hope for a real, reliable, trustworthy solution in some near future (2015) ? Could it be some code update or an extra button on "HD3" ?
Pressing talk to get dialtone on line #2 and then dialing <* XX > to transfer an active call to your preferred headset is certainly not the right way to do it...There's no second line with Ooma's Basic Service. Crippling HD One's original feature was a stupid move! And to pay for Premier's service and start digging in the menu chasing icons just to enable a run once simple function is ridiculous. How many clicks is it going to take ? An invitation to Microsoft's way on fooling the world ? I just wish we get a better handset some day from Ooma....