Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#103776 by Ricker
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:07 am
Is it "normal" for My Uniden Cordless Phone to ring before the OOMA HD2 Handset?
#103783 by lbmofo
Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 am
Ricker wrote:Is it "normal" for My Uniden Cordless Phone to ring before the OOMA HD2 Handset?

Yes
#104099 by kmcoch
Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:24 am
When importing FB contacts, ooma only recognizes the first two names, so some of my contacts are duplicated (because the married name gets cut off). It would be great if there were a way to merge contacts within ooma. That would save me a lot of time.

Also, not all of my gmail contacts transferred over directly, so I downloaded them to a csv file and then imported them.
#104157 by Morac
Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:49 pm
jh_austin wrote:I found that the HD2 handset starts to ring about 1 or 2 seconds after the Panasonic phones start to ring. The Panasonic phones start to ring around the second ring heard from the laptop. After answering with the HD2 handset, it seems like it takes about 2 seconds for the connection to be established, meaning I can't talk for the first few seconds. The Panasonic phones continue to ring for about 3-7 seconds after I answer on the HD2 phone.

When I answer on the Panasonic phones, the ringing immediately stops, of course, and it seems like the phone connection is established nearly immediately.

I also have Panasonic Dect 6.0+ plus phones and they ring a few times before the HD 2 even rings once. I didn't notice If they continue to ring after answering the Hd2 because I actually prefer to answer the Panasonic phones as I like them better.

My HD2 just updated to version 64246 and my Telo is 64241 so I'm not sure if that will change anything or not. I'm kind of disappointed with the HD2 though. It's advertised as better when really the only benefit is an instant 2nd line. Sound quality isn't any different.

There's a few annoying things I don't like about it:

1. There's no way to have the display dim when in the charging cradle. I can set it at the low brightness setting, but that's still too bright. My Panasonic phones dim so they don't light up the room like the HD2 does. I can set the HD2 so its display turns off, but I want it to simply be very dim.

2. Menus don't wrap so if I want to get to the bottom menu item, I have to go through all the other items instead of pressing up once.

3.The selection buttons are really too small. It's very difficult to press the arrows without pressing the select button.
#104453 by dioxide45
Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 pm
dioxide45 wrote:
Tom B wrote:
there are not audible beeps when you press any of the number buttons

To hear beeps when pressing digits on a call enable 'Key click' in the Settings menu.

Click Key is enabled and I can hear audible beeps when navigating the menu and dialing a phone number. However once connected, I can not hear any audible beeps when pressing numbers on the dial pad. This is only an issue when calling places and using a touch tone phone to select menu options with the company you are calling (like activating a credit card).

I noticed the other day that this isn't an issue any longer. While on an active call, pressing the keys on the keypad produces audible tones. Not sure if I somehow missed this at first or if a fix was put in during an update.
#104766 by kmcoch
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 am
My HD2 Handset is now not displaying pictures of my callers. A square shows up, but with only one line of color. What do I need to do to resolve this???
#104767 by thunderbird
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am
kmcoch wrote:My HD2 Handset is now not displaying pictures of my callers. A square shows up, but with only one line of color. What do I need to do to resolve this???

Try rebooting the HD2 handset. This is done by pushing and holding the Off (Red Phone) Button, until the screen goes blank. Then release the button. Then test.
#104771 by kmcoch
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 am
[/quote]
Try rebooting the HD2 handset. This is done by pushing and holding the Off (Red Phone) Button, until the screen goes blank. Then release the button. Then test.[/quote]

Thanks! That worked.