Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#8784 by voipdabbler
Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 pm
As a new Ooma user who has been using only VOIP at home for the past 6 years, let me say that call quality is fantastic and the hub was extremely easy to set up. My hat's off to Ooma's engineers, this is the best sound I've ever hear on VOIP.

I have a question and I suspect the answer will be no, but here goes anyway. Does Ooma allow inbound SIP dialing? The reason I ask is that you can forward an IPKALL number via SIP dialing and, if possible, I'd like to forward my IPKALL number to my Ooma number.

TIA
#8785 by Pandora
Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:37 pm
If you don't get an answer in the next day or two, you may wish to either address a post to Bobby, or to send him an email via this forum.

It's a great question. I'm looking forward to seeing the answer.
#8871 by voipdabbler
Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 pm
Okay, I confirmed through using Gizmo's dialer that Ooma doesn't support sip URI dialing at present. Are there any plans to support it at some point in future?

Also, on the softphone front, any consideration for something in addition to a cellular phone app since so many users have netbooks that run real a real OS and have bluetooth connectivity? As for the cellular phone app, will it be in both iPhone and WinMo flavors?