Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101631 by murphy
Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:18 pm
You can use the Linx, that was released today, to make the second line reserved for the FAX machine.
However the old style handsets would no longer work if you did this.
You would need new HD2 handsets or just use a cordless base connected to the Telo.
#102885 by popwireless
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:11 am
I have two of the new HD2 handsets and am now back trying to figure out how to reserve line 2 for the FAX.

I created a DEVICE called FAX. This changed the TELO device associated with two lines to FAX. Calls from the HANDSET opened the voice mail retrieval system. Calls to each number in the account range the phone plugged into the back of the Telo. This configuration did not work so I am off to read up on it some more. :!:

The headsets are nice but trying to use the second number for other than chatting is proving to be far too difficult.
#102887 by popwireless
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am
The FAX setup page is NOT CONSISTENT with the current GUI.

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/faxing-ooma

I already have a second line so I did the following:

1. Clicked to add a "private account."

2. Associated the private account with the second telephone number.

3. Created a FAX device in the second group.

4. Created an HD2 device in the default group.

Now I am waiting five minutes to see what happens. Checking immediately both lines went to the private group.

Please update the FAX instructions page to be consistent with your current product. 64000 folks have read that page which means it should be a priority.
#102888 by popwireless
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 am
That worked! Using my cellular telephone I called the FAX line and got the phone plugged into the back of the Ooma. Calling the main telephone number I got the main or default telephone number on the new HD2 handset.

On the telephone line screen I have an account for each telephone number. One called Main Account and one called FAX. The top or Main Account has a picture of an HD2 handset since it was set up as "HD2." This is associated with my ported main number.

The bottom row has a device called FAX in it associated with the FAX number or second number obtained from Ooma.
#102984 by popwireless
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:29 am
One anomaly noticed today. I had an incoming call to the HD2 line from my dentist. I picked up the handset and tried to answer the call by pushing send. There was no one there. The Dentist said when they called it rang without stopping. My line should answer in 4 rings. The call was not recorded as an incoming, answered, or missed call either. It doesn't exist.

:arrow: Very strange.