Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#101107 by azism
Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:39 pm
I was just looking at upgrading my Ooma servive from the Hub/Scout setup to a Telo setup. When querying if it will cost me to do so (other that the unit purchase), I got the following answer:

Mico: Thank you for your question, one moment please while I access that information.
Mico: Good day! Thank you for your interest in getting another Ooma device. Apparently, we no longer provide devices with lifetime Premier service. When you get a new Ooma now, you will also be required to pay monthly taxes.
You: I paid for the lifetime Premier service some time back, so that will no longer be active if I purchase the Telo?
Mico: Apparently, if you will transfer your number to new Ooma Telo, you will not be able to continue having your lifetime Premier.

Why is this? If it is going to mean losing the Premier service I have, there is no sense in upgrading. Will someone please clarify this for me!
#101109 by murphy
Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:37 pm
It's for the lifetime of the hardware, not your lifetime.
I have several products with lifetime service. It's always for the lifetime of the product.

(Or in the case of ReplayTV the lifetime of the company when they eventually shutdown completely).
#101160 by azism
Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am
Well, as it is tied to the device, I guess I will not do an upgrade to the Telo until such time as the Hub or Scout appears to be failing. :(