Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#100166 by provlima
Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:48 am
Set up my telo yesterday, and all seemed to go smoothly and had no problems making and receiving calls, but last night I began to have problem noticing intermittent pink flashing of the ooma logo on the telo.
The flashing is intermittent and accompanied by a soft pinging noise. I cannot associate it with any internet use or any electronic interference.
My internet service is normal during these flashes, but I cannot call out as there is audible line interference. I rebooted the telo as suggested in the trouble shooting guide, but it has not alleviated the intermittent episodes of flashing.

I hope this problem can be resolved. Thanks for your help
#100167 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:09 am
provlima wrote:Set up my telo yesterday, and all seemed to go smoothly and had no problems making and receiving calls, but last night I began to have problem noticing intermittent pink flashing of the ooma logo on the telo.
The flashing is intermittent and accompanied by a soft pinging noise. I cannot associate it with any internet use or any electronic interference.
My internet service is normal during these flashes, but I cannot call out as there is audible line interference. I rebooted the telo as suggested in the trouble shooting guide, but it has not alleviated the intermittent episodes of flashing.

I hope this problem can be resolved. Thanks for your help

First:
Remove power from your Ooma Telo. Then repower the Ooma Telo.

Next:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause dropped calls, garbled voice, and other problems, by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.
#100176 by thunderbird
Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:11 am
provlima wrote:thunderbird, thanks for your reply

what is the best way to temporarily turn the wireless connection on the PC off?

Usually you can right click on the Wireless Icon located at the right side in the Start menu tray. In the menu that opens should have a disable enable function.

or

Right click on the Network Places and disable Wireless there, it can be accessed in Control Panels. Remember to Enable it after you are done using the wired LAN connetion.
#100220 by provlima
Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm
thunderbird...thanks for your help!
The problem of the intermittent pink flashing of the symbol seems to have stopped as it has not re-occurred since early Wednesday morning. I will keep your info just in case!
Thanks again for your help!